• elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yeah everyone says that to me, even though I’d share my umbrella with you
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm not intimidated on here by anyone... But then again, I'm 47 years old and this is a fricking fitness site. What are y'all gonna do, hold me down and force feed me kale chips?

I am intrigued and impressed by a *kitten* ton of MFPers, however. I rarely send requests because I tend to be a bit shy and don't want to bother anyone.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I'm not intimidated on here by anyone... But then again, I'm 47 years old and this is a fricking fitness site. What are y'all gonna do, hold me down and force feed me kale chips?

I am intrigued and impressed by a *kitten* ton of MFPers, however. I rarely send requests because I tend to be a bit shy and don't want to bother anyone.

Your no bother :):)
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    :*:*:*
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I’ve been intimidated by a number of people here. No point naming them because every last one of them has become a friend and have all proven to be genuine good-hearted people.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’ve been intimidated by a number of people here. No point naming them because every last one of them has become a friend and have all proven to be genuine good-hearted people.

I think the vast majority of people are if given the chance
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

I think the vast majority of people are if given the chance

I completely agree!
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Too many to list.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    WadeWatts3 wrote: »
    There's a mob mentality that presents itself in here every now and then that is rather intimidating. It's a few nice individuals that occasionally get together to form an A-hole Voltron.

I think as long as you realize most are just trying to be funny through sarcasm, anyone will fit right in.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I think some people have intimidating looks. But aren’t intimidating as people. Except @_Deadman_Walking_ he used to intimidate the hell of me. Then I got to know him and learned you shouldn’t let people make you feel that way.

Im afraid there is absolutely nothing intimidating about me @CoffeeAndContour ...Irritating, yes. Intimidating, no.

This is not a true statement my friend.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    In person I try to be intimidating sometimes. I don't look or sound intimidating so I try to be "dominant".

I'll try to stare people in the eyes and not break eye contact or shift my eyes whatsoever (if you do you lose!).

My 'secret weapon' is that I'll take my glasses off so I can't actually see totally clearly and just focus my wild eyed, unfocused, giant pupil gaze on people.

I'ts a challenge for me because I blink a lot.

It's funny how many people shift their eyes, it's one of my 'games', probably does nothing for my likeability!

I adore your honesty!!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Intimidate this. *insert universal gesture”
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    In person I try to be intimidating sometimes. I don't look or sound intimidating so I try to be "dominant".

I'll try to stare people in the eyes and not break eye contact or shift my eyes whatsoever (if you do you lose!).

My 'secret weapon' is that I'll take my glasses off so I can't actually see totally clearly and just focus my wild eyed, unfocused, giant pupil gaze on people.

It's funny how many people shift their eyes, it's one of my 'games', probably does nothing for my likeability!

was this supposed to be funny because I'm peeing myself with laughter!

Oh it's hilarious...and I do do it sometimes, it's a game (I play by myself).

I did it to some client a few weeks ago who was being an *kitten*...she kept shifting her eyes and asked me in a pissed off tone "what"?

I couldn't tell her I was dominating her like she was a dog, and she was losing, but I wanted to.

I adore your honesty!!

Thanks!
    I open my mouth (or type) and my thoughts spew out. Who thinks before they speak anyways...self censoring sucks!