Why do you want to lose weight?

Options
Motivation is a constant struggle for me, but it always helps me to say my reasons out loud! What are your reasons for wanting to lose weight?

This is a COMPLETELY judgement-free zone, so be nice!

Replies

• azf0019
    azf0019 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That’s one of my many reasons, also. You can do it!! :)
  • zzemmm
    zzemmm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To lose the baby weight... plus the extra I put on during pregnancy.
  • habrownnyc
    habrownnyc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll end up looking really good, feeling better, but I'm here to beat back diabetes.

Counting calories worked for me in 2015 when my hemoglobin A1C dropped from 7.4 to 6.2 in 2 months. I had a relapse last year (2016) and that sugar number now's back to 7.2.

Beat it!
  • azf0019
    Options
    Diabetes runs in my family, too—so I’m definitely trying to avoid developing it! You can beat it! It’s amazing that you did it once before already!
  • DBNGUY786
    DBNGUY786 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well, for me personally it’s more around the aesthetics. Look good for me and my wife and feel good. I know it will be a hard road, giving up the food that I love but hey sacrifices have to be made. Onward and downwards( the weight I mean).
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    azf0019 wrote: »
    Motivation is a constant struggle for me, but it always helps me to say my reasons out loud!

Motivation is a struggle for all of us.

Motivation never stays for anyone. Good habits, discipline and determination to keep going is what will get you there. You can’t expect that new diet motivation to last the whole time. You have to work on making your habits simply routine.

Things that have helped me:
    Plan your menus. That way, you’re less tempted to fall into your old eating patterns. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
    Always have healthy snacks on hand and ready to go.
    Get plenty of protein. Protein knocks down hunger while carbs ramp it up.
    Do not bring junk food into your house.
    Set up an exercise plan/routine and stick with it.
    Get into the habit of doing these types of things and when your motivation wanes, these good habits will help get you to your goal.

Good luck. You can do it.

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Losing baby weight... two babies in two years. I'm about 5 months post partum on my second and want to get back into my clothes, not to mention my running habits that I miss so much. I do my best to keep within my calories and watch what I'm eating but working out is abysmal right now b/c my child is waking at night to eat and I'm not getting the sleep I need to work 40 hours a week + all the household stuff and work out. I'll get there but my motivation is to be back in my awesome clothes before the end of 2018.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    (Summer Goal) To look better in a bikini
    (Fall/Winter Goal) To look better in leggings
    (Everyday Goal) To feel better about myself
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    Options
    I just want to be able to move well. I haven't been able to move like I want my entire life! I want to be able to go to amusement parks and go to water parks and not get tired or not be able to fit on rides. I want to be able to go on airplanes. I want to be able to work and not get so tired or sweat just doing basic activities. I want to live well.
  • azf0019
    Options
    I just want to be able to move well. I haven't been able to move like I want my entire life! I want to be able to go to amusement parks and go to water parks and not get tired or not be able to fit on rides. I want to be able to go on airplanes. I want to be able to work and not get so tired or sweat just doing basic activities. I want to live well.

You can do it! Those are all amazing reasons to want to lose weight--with wanting to "live well" being the best one yet! Changing bad habits is hard, but definitely achievable. I'm so glad to hear that your motivation is to be able to live your best life. I wish you the best!
  • nndarden
    nndarden Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lower my A1C numbers and avoid diabetes. Secondary goal is to get to an acceptable (not overweight) BMI number.
  • Alina4Reals
    Alina4Reals Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to ride a bike again!!! Bike riding with my daughter!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I have intracranial hypertension and weightloss is the only way for it to go into remission. I can’t tolerate the medication and if I don’t lose weight I could end up going blind. I was diagnosed with it when I was 21 and I managed to go a 11 years without a flare up until this year. I gained a *kitten* ton of weight and it came back with a vengeance. I suffer with incessant dizzy spells, migraine auras and blurred vision. It’s awful. You would think with all these scary reasons to lose weight it would be super easy to just do it, but it’s not. Dealing with a chronic illness on top of being depressed just makes it a million times harder. I just want to give up.

Besides my illness I just want to be comfortable in my skin. Being morbidly obese is both physically and emotionally exhausting. I’m tired.
  • JournalingBelle
    JournalingBelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy. My blood pressure has been creeping up on me and my weight has sky rocketed since I started on mental health medications. I hate my body and I want to love myself again.

I want to get into the habit of exercising daily as well.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,852 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of feeling fat. Tired of not being comfortable in my body and in my clothes. I'm tired of getting upset when my son makes comments about my jiggly belly. I want to also be under 30 bmi in case my father needs a kidney transplant and I'm a match, but I just want to feel better about myself
  • sophiaaaayel
    sophiaaaayel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of being disappointed to myself that's why I'm trying my best to bring back myself that I have lost.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    One reason is I am 51yo and have had high cholesterol since 2009 when I started checking it.

Second is I am tired of being tired. Working all my life so when I get to retire I can enjoy doing things I love to do.