Swat Walking Group - August - New Members welcome!

Options

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I am moving today, just not real fast. :sad: I am sore from my knees up through the hips. Jillian Michaels is cruel. :laugh: I did do the Jenny Ford step workout but I didn't have my A game on. I thought it might help work out some of the soreness. Maybe it will but I really struggled to keep up with the pace today and now I"m pooped.

Toby, if your asking how you update your ticker then you just go back to the original sight (I saved mine in my favorites) and enter the pin code you used. You should be able to change the field with your progress and it will show the change automatically on MFP. If your asking how to log the miles since you are using minutes then you'll just have to log the minutes it took to do the 2 miles. Or you can set up a separate ticker using miles as the units. Wasn't sure which you meant, hope it helps.

And if anyone would like to add me as a friend please do :flowerforyou: Toby I sent you a request.

Have a good evening everybody!
  • tobybear
    tobybear Posts: 109
    Options
    I am moving today, just not real fast. :sad: I am sore from my knees up through the hips. Jillian Michaels is cruel. :laugh: I did do the Jenny Ford step workout but I didn't have my A game on. I thought it might help work out some of the soreness. Maybe it will but I really struggled to keep up with the pace today and now I"m pooped.

Toby, if your asking how you update your ticker then you just go back to the original sight (I saved mine in my favorites) and enter the pin code you used. You should be able to change the field with your progress and it will show the change automatically on MFP. If your asking how to log the miles since you are using minutes then you'll just have to log the minutes it took to do the 2 miles. Or you can set up a separate ticker using miles as the units. Wasn't sure which you meant, hope it helps.

And if anyone would like to add me as a friend please do :flowerforyou: Toby I sent you a request.

Have a good evening everybody!

Thanks, I changed it to minutes instead of miles, it looks like I'm doing more.:laugh: :wink: . We are now friends too.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join as well! I've just joined a walking group and am in a Check in Challenge where I have goals each week.

Going to ponder on some of the goals I'd like to achieve successfully this month.

Great to be a part of such a friendly group..thanks for making us 'newbies' this month welcome!:heart:
    I added a ticker for this challenge and got in 120 minutes of workout time Monday and 90 today (Tues) so I'm on my way. :drinker:

Hope everyone is doing well:flowerforyou:
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    on a roll 3 miles today !!!!!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone, what a friendly inspiring group you all are. This is my first time round with you folks and I feel very welcomed already!

I created a ticker and am moving along, wondering now if I should have added more minutes for my month (love swimming and the gym in general). I hate the feeling of being under at the end so I thought I was putting the number realistic for how I workout but...oops, I may have miscalculated.:blushing: :tongue::laugh: But that only means I might go beyond my goal and have an even better month and know for next time to bump it up.

I've never been involved in challenges up to this point, now I have you all :heart: , a weekly Goal Challenge I'm involved in and a WATP challenge as well, all these have been so good for me!

I felt a bit overwhelmed at first but realize each one of them blend together nicely to get me closer to where I want to be... healthier, and learning to push myself more and continue to drop lbs. to get that healthy body, mind and spirit.

Thanks so much for letting me a part of your journey, each of you:heart:

Heart:heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    My SWAT Challenge update

1000 goal
    340 min. done
    660 min to go
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Good Evening, Everyone!

I just wanted to say welcome to all the newcomers. This is an amazing thread and everyone here is so supportive, you will really like it here. They have helped me through a lot! They just might not know it.

Sorry, I haven't posted on this thread for awhile. I haven't done any walking or cardio for the last month, so I really haven't had a lot to say. I know that's a shock. :laugh: Tomorrow though I hope will be a good day and I hope to lose this beast of cast, so I can start really exercising hard again. Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

Sandy - Thanks for starting a new thread for August. You're amazing!!! :smile:

Alice - YAY! On your one pound loss. You're doing great, keep it up! :drinker:

Jenny - I'm right there with you on the emotional eating thing. My downfalls are carbs and sweets and it's been really hard these last five weeks not to dig into them.

Everyone's doing a great job, keep it up!

Ann
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann, Good to see you back with us. I hope you get your cast off tomorrow, just don't overdo it until your ready. And you can still post here wether you get to exercise or not. :happy: We're mainly here for the support and will be happy to see you.

I took yesterday off, it was my husband's last night at home. He's gone to California for 10 days on a work trip. Really rough job he has there, NOT! I don't think I could have exercised anyway I was even more sore yesterday. I know everyone at work is tired of hearing me groan every time I get up or sit down! :blushing: Thank goodness I"m much better today so I did my step workout again. I didn't really feel it too much when I was doing that Jillian Michaels workout but I have felt it now! I'm gonna hafta work into that one a little slower.

I won't be around much this weekend. I'm taking my Mom to see her sister in South Georgia. It will just be a short trip, leaving early Sat & coming back Sun evening. So that means I'll have to do my grocery shopping & stuff tomorrow night. It's not looking like a good workout weekend for me. So if you don't hear from me I'll see you all Sunday evening.

Have a good weekend!

:flowerforyou:
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,226 Member
    Options
    Russ and I walked a moderate paced walk for just 1 mile tonight outside. It's still very hot here in MN and after a day of work our energy is zapped. We agreed to go to the gym tomorrow after work and get in some time with cardio and weights. Tonight we went out to eat and I said we have to walk at least a mile to move the joints and get digestion going. It gave me a little perk me up for the evening.

Welcome back Ann! Glad the cast comes off tomorrow. Listen to Sandy and don't overdo it because you are excited to get moving again... Take Care!

Heart- you are moving! So many minutes done already. I've been a little lazy due to the heat. Excuses, Excuses!

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • ldixon64
    ldixon64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group, I try to walk everyday at least 2 miles. I have been hanging aound here for about 2 month maybe and just haven't posted. I weight 167 and would love to be down about 10 pounds by the first of September.:smile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

Welcome to our newbies!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We are finally getting some summer weather here which means it gets VERY hot in the Garden Center. I have been going in early but will post more (I hope) over the weekend. We do plan on going to my brother's this weekend but that's for just one day.
    I am trying to get in at least 29 minutes in workdays and have been doing okay with that. I had to take one day off because of my knee but it is fine now.

Will catch up later!
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    3 more miles down. one day at a time
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Good Evening, Everyone!

I just wanted to say welcome to all the newcomers. This is an amazing thread and everyone here is so supportive, you will really like it here. They have helped me through a lot! They just might not know it.

Sorry, I haven't posted on this thread for awhile. I haven't done any walking or cardio for the last month, so I really haven't had a lot to say. I know that's a shock. :laugh: Tomorrow though I hope will be a good day and I hope to lose this beast of cast, so I can start really exercising hard again. Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

Sandy - Thanks for starting a new thread for August. You're amazing!!! :smile:

Alice - YAY! On your one pound loss. You're doing great, keep it up! :drinker:

Jenny - I'm right there with you on the emotional eating thing. My downfalls are carbs and sweets and it's been really hard these last five weeks not to dig into them.

Everyone's doing a great job, keep it up!

Ann
    Thanks Ann!:drinker: What a Sweetheart you are for such a warm welcome:flowerforyou: :heart: I've found nothing but friendliness & encouragement here:happy:

Heart:heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

Welcome to our newbies!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We are finally getting some summer weather here which means it gets VERY hot in the Garden Center. I have been going in early but will post more (I hope) over the weekend. We do plan on going to my brother's this weekend but that's for just one day.
    I am trying to get in at least 29 minutes in workdays and have been doing okay with that. I had to take one day off because of my knee but it is fine now.

Will catch up later!
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for the warm Welcome Hon! :heart:
  • tobybear
    Options
    15_f.gif I only did 1 mile, I was running around paying bills and doing grocery shopping and got a little tired.
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm glad to see that everyone is doing great and moving.

I got good news yesterday at the doctors and I got my cast off! :happy: I still can't do major exercising for about another month, but I can at least walk at a slow to moderate pace. You don't know how good that feels, until you can't do it. I promise Sandy & Jenny that I won't overdue it, I don't want to be in another cast. No Way! :noway:

TobyBear you should be proud of your mile, you did great and you at least got exercise in. :drinker: Plus your checkbook is lighter that should count as a weight loss. :laugh:

I hope you all have a great day! I'm going for a stroll in the neighborhood.

Ann
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Ann!--I'm so glad you got the cast off! Just remember: slow to moderate walking!!!

My last post should say I'm trying to get in 20 minutes on workdays, not 29! That always happens when I use the keyboard to put in numbers instead of the 10-key! Anyway, except for the one day my knee was aching--Wednesday?--I have been doing that. I plan on at least 30 minutes today plus some beginner weight training. We'll see how it goes.

Tobybear--I agree with Ann. One mile is great! It's definitely one more than none, right?

Have a wonderful day, everyone! Off to do my workout!
  • tobybear
    Options
    Shopping for over an hour. Nice walk.
  • MaggieP86
    Options
    So excited to find a walking group!

Are those who are walking across America still here? I've been tracking my distance at exercise.lbl.gov - it's a website specifically set up for people to track walking/running/cycling (I also include swimming and elliptical) as miles towards a trans-continental journey :happy:

I'm 49 miles into my journey, so still in early Virginia, but I'm picking up the pace again!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Happy August, Everyone!

It's great to see returning friends and new friends joining. I found MFP last summer about this time and found this thread in the fall. It really helped motivate me to set walk goals and be more consistent in exercising --- thanks to all for the support!!! I'm glad I found something that works for me (starting with the one mile gave me the motivation to say I could get off the couch for 20 minutes and it just increased from there.) Last August I walked 19 miles using Leslie Sansone's walks, but have increased it to where I've been at 60 miles each month for the past several months. I also started with the one mile walks, but now do the four and five mile walks on a regular basis.

I've hit a bit of a plateau this summer, so I've been trying to add strength training with the cardio training. Hopefully, that will give my body a jolt to get losing again. On a positive note, at least I haven't been gaining, but it's either no loss each week or two to four tenths of a pounds. Sadly, this happened at 99 lbs, so every time I log in to MFP, I see my that 99 jumping out at me. I really want to see that 100 (or more!).

Good luck to all with your August goals.

exercise.png