Where are my metal heads?

Options
glammooreghoul
glammooreghoul Posts: 75 Member
I need my metal loving people to step up!! Who's your fav? What's the greatest show you have seen?

Replies

• glammooreghoul
    Options
    My all time favorite band is Gwar. But I'm talking Oderus Gwar, not Blothar Gwar. I've tried so hard with the new album and I just can't. Probably just biased because I love Brockie so much but I just can't.
  • bequt
    bequt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Too many sub-genres to pick a single fave... love Opeth, Cradle of Filth, Nile, Tristania, Draconian ... I saw Gwar in concert once, good show :)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I guess I am more into the power metal or symphonic metal side of things.

Sabaton and nightwish being the top of my list.

Some of the other bands I listen to in no particular order (Maybe you don't consider them metal, maybe they are more rock)
    A Sound of thunder, Serenity, Arch Enemy, Epica, Eluveitie, Unleash the Archers, Xandria, Stratovarius, Amaranthe, Van Canto, Sirenia, Sonata Arctica, Delain, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Ne Obliviscaris, Blind Guardian, Ancient Bards, Kamelot, Nightwish, Ensiferum, Amon Amarth, Within Tempatation

I have seen a few of these live, like Sabaton, nightwish, Kamelot, Epica, Ne Oblivicarius, most bands seem to skip australia in their world tours :disappointed:
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    bequt wrote: »
    Too many sub-genres to pick a single fave... love Opeth, Cradle of Filth, Nile, Tristania, Draconian ... I saw Gwar in concert once, good show :)

Opeth is amazing. They put on a good show too! I love Nile. Awesome dudes! We hang out at a lot of the same places. Being in South Carolina, there's not a lot of local music venues worth a damn.
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Some of the other bands I listen to in no particular order (Maybe you don't consider them metal, maybe they are more rock)
    A Sound of thunder, Serenity, Arch Enemy, Epica, Eluveitie, Unleash the Archers, Xandria, Stratovarius, Amaranthe, Van Canto, Sirenia, Sonata Arctica, Delain, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Ne Obliviscaris, Blind Guardian, Ancient Bards, Kamelot, Nightwish, Ensiferum, Amon Amarth, Within Tempatation

I have seen a few of these live, like Sabaton, nightwish, Kamelot, Epica, Ne Oblivicarius, most bands seem to skip australia in their world tours :disappointed:

I only know 3 of those bands....which means they are on my "to do" list now. Heck, I just got into Arch Enemy not too long ago and it was the blonde chick. I know they have a different vocalist now. I haven't listened to her yet. I think it was the "My Apocalypse" song that got me listening to them. I know Nightwish and Amon Amarth. Love the vikings, man!! I so wanna see them!
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    Oh and my favorite show so far was probably Judas Priest. Rob Halford is the *kitten* man!
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Dream Theater (Saw them 8 times, with PORTNOY, of course!), Lamb of God, Into Eternity, Symphony X, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, As I Lay Dying, Demon Hunter, Tad Morose, Anthrax, Bullet for My Valentine, Slayer, Metallica, Killer be Killed, Chimaira, DevilDriver, Cavalera Conspiracy... I could go on.

I like a lot of different metal, not super into the grindcore stuff.

Older DT, Symphony X, and As I Lay Dying were some of the best shows.
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    Dream Theater (Saw them 8 times, with PORTNOY, of course!), Lamb of God, Into Eternity, Symphony X, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, As I Lay Dying, Demon Hunter, Tad Morose, Anthrax, Bullet for My Valentine, Slayer, Metallica, Killer be Killed, Chimaira, DevilDriver, Cavalera Conspiracy... I could go on.

I like a lot of different metal, not super into the grindcore stuff.

Older DT, Symphony X, and As I Lay Dying were some of the best shows.

I seen Devildriver and SUPERJOINT last month together!! I've seen them both before but I was so excited about Superjoint. I never thought that would happen again. I'm into all kinds of metal, too!
  • Merkavar
    Options

I only know 3 of those bands....which means they are on my "to do" list now. Heck, I just got into Arch Enemy not too long ago and it was the blonde chick. I know they have a different vocalist now. I haven't listened to her yet. I think it was the "My Apocalypse" song that got me listening to them. I know Nightwish and Amon Amarth. Love the vikings, man!! I so wanna see them!

Amon Amarth are doing a show in sydney in March, supported by Sabaton. I plan on going.

Arch Enemy are also performing the same weekend. One on Friday, the other on Sunday.
  • glammooreghoul
    Options

Amon Amarth are doing a show in sydney in March, supported by Sabaton. I plan on going.

Arch Enemy are also performing the same weekend. One on Friday, the other on Sunday.

Are you going to Arch Enemy? They just playing in Atlanta GA and I missed it. I miss going to bigger shows as much as I used to. Adulthood takes all my money. Lol. I've only been to like 4 or 5 shows this year. The Sword/Clutch, Devildriver/Superjoint, Mushroomhead (one of the best live bands), and ICP. Don't judge me!! It was the Great Milenko tour and I loved them as a teen. Lol. That's all I can remember. I go to local shows a lot. There's a place in Spartanburg SC called Ground Zero. It's like my home away from home. I've been going there for like 20 years. It's seriously like therapy when metal melts my face. Haha. I have to have it.
  • Merkavar
    Options

Are you going to Arch Enemy? They just playing in Atlanta GA and I missed it. I miss going to bigger shows as much as I used to. Adulthood takes all my money. Lol. I've only been to like 4 or 5 shows this year. The Sword/Clutch, Devildriver/Superjoint, Mushroomhead (one of the best live bands), and ICP. Don't judge me!! It was the Great Milenko tour and I loved them as a teen. Lol. That's all I can remember. I go to local shows a lot. There's a place in Spartanburg SC called Ground Zero. It's like my home away from home. I've been going there for like 20 years. It's seriously like therapy when metal melts my face. Haha. I have to have it.

Yeah I plan on going to both. Depends how work works out etc. Getting to sydney involves a little travel. So the Arch enemy show on friday should be fine to get to. But sunday night, if it finishes at 12 I wont be home by 2:30 and so if I then need to be at work by 9am, thats not much time to sleep.

So I am thinking it would be good to take the monday off if possible. I work in accounting, so it might be month end where it is busy and has many deadlines. I need to check all that out.
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options

Ooohhh Blind Guardian and Kamelot. Good choices, my friend. I've seen Epica with Symphony X and Into Eternity, but I'm not really into chick-fronted bands. Lol.
  • glammooreghoul
    Options

Yeah I plan on going to both. Depends how work works out etc. Getting to sydney involves a little travel. So the Arch enemy show on friday should be fine to get to. But sunday night, if it finishes at 12 I wont be home by 2:30 and so if I then need to be at work by 9am, thats not much time to sleep.

So I am thinking it would be good to take the monday off if possible. I work in accounting, so it might be month end where it is busy and has many deadlines. I need to check all that out.

That darn adulthood. Lol.
  • Merkavar
    Options

That darn adulthood. Lol.

giphy.gif
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    Any of you guys listen to Hank III?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

I found my person! Also, Gloryhammer and Alestorm. :D

I mostly prefer symphonic metal and really classic metal from the 70s.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I need my metal loving people to step up!! Who's your fav? What's the greatest show you have seen?

Best shows I attended live were Opeth, Porcupine tree, Megadeth & Testament.
    Currently digging Gojira amongst the new generation metal bands.

Otherwise among the old ones im into more mainstream ones - megadeth, opeth, arch enemy, quo vadis, tool, carcass, dream theater, death, nevermore, pantera, judas priest et al
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    misnomer1 wrote: »

Otherwise among the old ones im into more mainstream ones - megadeth, opeth, arch enemy, quo vadis, tool, carcass, dream theater, death, nevermore, pantera, judas priest et al

I love you for knowing Porcupine Tree. Lol. Testament was a good show too. I had a hum in my ear for like 4 days after that one! No bs!
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    misnomer1 wrote: »

I love you for knowing Porcupine Tree. Lol. Testament was a good show too. I had a hum in my ear for like 4 days after that one! No bs!

P Tree had the best audio visual live show ever. They are as good live as in a studio. Plus i was high as a kite that day. This was 7-8 yrs back.