Dieting!

Options
Hi everyone! I keep on coming and going, hopefully I'm here to stay. I've decided to try the Keto diet, has anyone had any success on it?! Please, do tell, thanks!

Replies

• cbohling1987
    cbohling1987 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself craving fatty foods the most, following a keto diet plan might work for you as it will allow you to eat more of those foods. However, you need to keep in mind that the ultimate determinant of weight loss will always be eating fewer calories than you expend. If going keto makes you happy because of the things it allows you to eat, and you make sure you're expending more calories than you are eating, you will lose weight. So go for it!
  • zoe_en
    zoe_en Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The more I look into it the more complicated it seems for me. I love meat, but it says you should eat less protein and more fat. Well, I was thinking for myself that pork and steaks will be my main source of fat but I guess that's too much protein, so I'm trying to come up with a list of fatty foods that don't come from meat.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of KETO sites...but:

Avocado
    Butter
    Nuts
    Oils/coconut/olive oil
    Cheese
    Eggs

• Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I prefer to not follow a named "diet" - there are too many rules, mostly unnecessary and restrictive. I just eat food I like, in quantities to fit my calorie requirements for whatever goal I have.

Eat and train, not diet and exercise, amirite?
  • CourtneyUT
    CourtneyUT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried keto but felt so restricted. I couldn't stay on it for long. I would go on and off keto all the time, constantly trying to stick to it, constantly feeling like a failure. It wasn't something I could do long term. With our carb-filled culture, its difficult and I got to a point where I was obsessing about food and never feeling relaxed. Now that I have gotten rid of all my "rules" and eat what I want - while staying under my calorie limit - I feel free and relaxed. This feels like something I can do for the rest of my life. Sorry to dig on keto, but a lot of new dieters set themselves up for failure by trying to stick to something restrictive like keto. I know because I was that person for years. Just wanted to let you know my experience. Good luck with your journey toward health!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    zoe_en wrote: »
    The more I look into it the more complicated it seems for me. I love meat, but it says you should eat less protein and more fat. Well, I was thinking for myself that pork and steaks will be my main source of fat but I guess that's too much protein, so I'm trying to come up with a list of fatty foods that don't come from meat.

Maybe just eat the food you like, in amounts that put you in a calorie deficit?
  • CouldBeTheLastChance
    Options
    Been on keto for less than a month and lost 29 lbs. Love what I eat and am never hungry. I stay with the calories that are set in MFP. Track my macros in MFP ( very helpful ).I find Intermittent fasting works well for me. You can add me if you like.
  • zoe_en
    zoe_en Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Been on keto for less than a month and lost 29 lbs. Love what I eat and am never hungry. I stay with the calories that are set in MFP. Track my macros in MFP ( very helpful ).I find Intermittent fasting works well for me. You can add me if you like.

Do you exercise regularly??