Eating Healthy/working out while pregnant

Options
I need to not stuff my face and pack on the pounds (hello second trimester cravings) and i need to workout (not intensely) during this pregnancy. I didn't do hardly any exercising before, during, and after my 1st and I do not want to make the same mistakes.
Also, if anyone has any good ways to give up on caffeine, let me know.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you don't start anything you weren't doing before exercise wise, except maybe gentle yoga, walking, swimming (only if cleared to exercise by your doctor of course).
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Your OBGYN should give you a good sense of healthy exercise now and as you ripen.

The first trimester really you can do what you did before. The human female is designed to keep active most of pregnancy.

No trampolines though. And avoid jumping horses or skydiving. Sorry.
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Get a smaller coffee pot for your house (I’m not kidding; ours can only make ten cups at a time max, and we never make that big a pot), commit to not making more than one pot each morning, and start mixing in decaf beans to your grind. Try to go slow on this and give yourself a few days to adjust with each change (I jumped to straight half-decaf and went through some truly miserable withdrawal days before I got the hang of it, let my pain be your lesson). If you like getting coffee while you’re out and about, you can ask your barista to make your latte with a decaf shot (it sounds counter-intuitive, I know, but hey).

Edit: oh yeah, I almost forgot. Be mindful that your body will try to trick you into going back to your usual caffeine intake even if you fix your coffee habit. I’m very careful about sticking to caffeine free sodas and teas (Sprite, ginger ale, and peppermint tea for my nausea). Dark chocolate has caffeine and you may find yourself craving it. Best advice I have for you on that front is to just keep it out of the house so you don’t give in to the temptation and be the first person to order water when you go out (if I wait to hear everyone else at the table order sodas, I’m more likely to cave because I love sugar and miss caffeine).