100 pounds gone in college (The good and bad of my weightloss). Hope this inspire you!

Options
I wanted to share my story with whoever is willing to read. Hopefully it will motivate you on your weight loss journey. All my life I was that girl. The one who hated going to the doctors office because you know you'll have "the talk" about your health, scared to get on roller coaster rides because you thought you would be embarrassed because you couldn't fit on the ride, gym class and the mirror was my enemy, shopping was horrid, and lunch time was a relief. I always said "I'm sick of this, Im going to lose weight." Then after one week of pure motivation I'll give up and say to myself months later "Dang I could of been lost the weight if I would of stuck to it". When I entered college things were no different. I hate myself and my body. Guys my age wouldn't look in my direction and girls my age just stared.

Until January 19, 2017, I stepped on the scale. I saw 301 pounds, and let me tell you. My heart sunk, I had to face the harsh reality that I was 20 years old with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and at risk for diabetes. Something had to give and it wasn't going to be my life. I started working out, playing tennis, and strength training. The weight started to fall off. Don't get me wrong I messed up! You had a cheat meal and felt bad? Heck, I had cheat weeks! But I kept moving forward. I couldn't dwell on mess ups. I told myself the best 21st birthday present I could give myself is not something materialistic but happiness and good health. When my birthday came around (October 31st), I was 100 pounds lighter. I reached good health, still working on pure happiness.

This journey has been truly inspiring and taught me a lot. I have lost friends, saw the ugly side of family members, and been used by guys who only want me for one thing. I suffer from low self worth and self esteem issues where I tend to chase guys because I feel that every guy who call me beautfiul has good intentions. So I've lowered my standards due to loneliness. I am now seeking counseling and working on valuing myself more.

HOWEVER

I wouldn't change this for the world. I NOW look in the mirror, I go to the doctor with a smirk, the gym is now my power source, and roller coasters no longer scare me. I am a better person who still have flaws. Weightloss does not fix everything, actually it exposes the cracks of things that was already broken. Do not let this deter you from your weight loss journey. I just wanted to be 100 percent real with you all. Nothing in life worth having is easy. Trust me. I wish you all the best and I hope this find you well.
SW:301lbs
CW:190's lbs (Haven't stepped on scale in a while)
GW:180 lbs2fgx9sonfj7b.jpg
5290xk7dds7x.jpg
dm4z5snq9800.jpg
ef7j2yhpe8sa.jpg
z7nuv3pc7q1n.jpg
5l4950xgfsgv.jpg

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Amazing work. I am sure you will be an inspiration to many people on here.
  • Natasha233
    Natasha233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the share! That is my goal weight as well :) if you can do this - I’ve got this for sure. Inspiring!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I don't know how you did it but kudos to an amazing job. You look so beautiful. Don't give up or slide back for any reason. You have earned it to keep it. Ignore the negative comments from family and friends. You are not alone and there is quite a good percentage of people who suffer from low self worth and esteem issues including me. I push myself everyday thinking positive things about myself. Good luck.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Well done for taking control of your weight now and not 10 years time!
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Wow, you did a great job. I am sure you have a lot of fortitude and anyone that hears your story and sees you will know you are someone special. Keep your head up and wait for the right people to recognize your worth. Thanks for the inspiration and congratulations.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job! I love how you took charge/are taking charge of your health in all aspects! Beautiful before and after. Keep up the great work. :-)
  • onthefitdisc
    onthefitdisc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Way to go, and good job for going to therapy. It can be a tough step, but it's such a gift to give yourself. You are a courageous person and I'm rooting for you!
  • Nmarine1996
    Nmarine1996 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooo much. You're encouraging words mean so much!
  • erica_healthy
    erica_healthy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love stories like these because it encourages me to keep going!

I am always looking for friends feel free to add me
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    "I am a better person who still have flaws. Weightloss does not fix everything, actually it exposes the cracks of things that was already broken. Do not let this deter you from your weight loss journey."

I love this! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    You are so pretty! Congratulations on a job well done! I am down 110 lbs now, and I wish I had started before my diabetes diagnosis. Good for you getting it done now, before your health suffered in a permanent way.
  • Jacci1214
    Jacci1214 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing I have bounce back from Weight Watchers to Fitness Pal for fitness pal to Weight Watchers now I'm back to Fitness Pal because it just seems like something you can do for Life compared to Counting points I'm not down in it but it's just not for me but after reading your story it was so enlightening and I thank you for taking the time to share because your story is so much like my story and I look at you and I say if she can do it I can too God bless you and may you always be happy
  • Rosie3579
    Rosie3579 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Beautifully told story - I see so much of myself in your words. Also - amazing results - gorgeous, smart, strong.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are so beautiful and strong! And I love how down to earth you are. A lot of times I think we see only the positives but no one likes to share that even though the weight went down, not everything is picture perfect! But you're so smart for being able to be so reflective and seek help which will definitely help! I am inspired. Thank you for sharing and being so honest.
  • Nmarine1996
    Nmarine1996 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, I am truly honored to be able to inspire people on their journey
  • green_eyes_99
    green_eyes_99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    congratulations, you look great! Keep up the good work girl!!! ;)
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration. I think you can do anything you set your mind to - you only have to look in the mirror to see proof of that. Well done!
  • Joac41
    Joac41 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing well done !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!