New and looking for friends who are going to stick around!

Hello :blush: My name is Sarah and I am 29 years old. I am looking for some pals who plan to stick around so we can motivate each other in a positive way!

At my highest weight 10 years ago, I weighed 202 pounds. I have maintained a loss of 65-70 pounds for about 7 years now, but am itching to finally reach my goal weight! Full disclosure, I started lifting weights several months ago, stopped, and plan to start again, therefore am not dead set on my goal weight (I realize to some, 117 pounds is too light).

Mainly, I would like friends to encourage and be encouraged by :wink:

Thank you!

Replies

• Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    117 may or may not be light, depending on your height.
  • picturebook
    picturebook Posts: 13 Member
    Barfly57 wrote: »

For sure. My wrists are 5.75", even so, that is the absolute low end of my range. I think it's probably remnants of wanting to be a skinny gal, but it's a pipe dream number. I am going to focus on lifting weights, so I might end up weighing 130 a year from now and I am totally cool with that :blush:

I think, for me, this is more about honoring my will power and sticking to a weight lifting plan...I might need to rethink my goals.

Thank you!
  • I need some friends who are here for the long haul!!
  • Hi Sarah.. I'm here for the long haul and beyond.. I was here once before lost a bunch of weight, left and gained it back.. So this time,, already down 50+ and losing a bit more and starting to lift.. So I agree having friends here who support and encourage is what makes it work.. Please feel free to add me, your attitude and positive thinking Will get you to where you want to go... Also anyone else wanting to do this feel free to add me as well ...
  • PhoenixIn2018
    PhoenixIn2018 Posts: 27 Member
    Sign me up! I've got a long road ahead of me (at least 68 pounds to lose) and finding people that will actively be around for encouragement is definitely what I am looking for as well. I was at my goal weight about 15 years ago and eventually gained it back due to a variety of reasons. Looking to get back there!
  • Dakhar1
    Dakhar1 Posts: 27 Member
    Add me. This is barely my 3rd week here but planning on staying forever to stay motivated and on track.
  • Jowice
    Jowice Posts: 20 Member
    Sign me up too I am in for the long haul joined oct 5,2017 already down 35 pounds I got 60 more to lose and loving MFP
  • hopleyjana2049
    hopleyjana2049 Posts: 28 Member
    Hey, add me too. I am on a same journey x
  • invitedchaos
    invitedchaos Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2017
    Ooh, ooh, pick me! I'm Rachael and I'm 32. I'm using the tools here a lot more to help with meal planning for my roommate and I, but I know that exercise is one of the major factors in my ability to lose weight; dieting alone doesn't cut it like it does for roomie. I need help staying motivated to work out on my own!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

For sure. My wrists are 5.75", even so, that is the absolute low end of my range. I think it's probably remnants of wanting to be a skinny gal, but it's a pipe dream number. I am going to focus on lifting weights, so I might end up weighing 130 a year from now and I am totally cool with that :blush:

I think, for me, this is more about honoring my will power and sticking to a weight lifting plan...I might need to rethink my goals.

Thank you!

and what is your height?
  • mariumraghib
    mariumraghib Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, I'm a newcomer, I am 30 and have PCOS, always struggled with weight I was 117kg and lost it down to 99kg then due to
    Emotional baggage gained it all back and now on 115kg, haven't used fitness pal but was told that I should... need friends during this journey,
    I want to get rid of all
    This weight once
    And for all!
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    I'll be your friend until friends aren't popular anymore.
  • picturebook
    picturebook Posts: 13 Member

Thank you!

and what is your height?

5'6. :smile:
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    If you're still looking for friends I'm in :)

I'm 5'8 and at 141 lbs. My highest weight was 159 lbs. Since I signed up here weight loss has pretty much been easy, so I'm definitely not about to leave. My goal weight is 126 lbs and I'm doing 1200-1300 kcal a day, pilates and weights to get to the fit body I want. I'm from the Netherlands. I like having friends with similar goals, so add me if you like!
  • nthesadl
    nthesadl Posts: 20 Member
    If you're still wanting more long term MFP friends, please add me. I'm needing the same support system that you are looking for. I've been on MFP for YEARS but have had a really difficult time finding friends to stay on here and keep the motivation going each way. Tackling this solo is a bit on the challenging side for sure!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    You can add me. I've logged in for over a year straight. I'm 5'5", about 172lbs right now, with a focus on lifting weights and building strength.
  • chioreo
    chioreo Posts: 30 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me if you'd like. I joined jul 2014 and have been logging every day since. It seems like you (OP) and I have similar goals; I'm 5'7" and am looking to lose those last pounds too (although my goal weight is 125 for now).
  • I need all the motivation i can get through my weightloss journey. Feel free to add me
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 298 Member
    Hi- first of all, great job on your journey!!! And yes same here!! Friends for the Long haul. I'm AT my highest weight ever 189... 3 years ago I got down to 137 and I need to get back there and live healthy. I need the motivation and I will do the same for you! Please send me a friend request. I don't see the option with the app to send you a friend request.
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 298 Member
    nthesadl wrote: »
    If you're still wanting more long term MFP friends, please add me. I'm needing the same support system that you are looking for. I've been on MFP for YEARS but have had a really difficult time finding friends to stay on here and keep the motivation going each way. Tackling this solo is a bit on the challenging side for sure!

Absolutely hard to find ones that stick around. Three years ago I got down to my lowest weight in years because of this app but life happened and I got off track but I plan on making this a top priority for good this time. Please add me. I don't see the option from this app. :) Look forward to a request.