Water weight

Options
Whats a good way to lose water weight quickly?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your body is about 60% water. Why do you want to lose that?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Depends on what's causing the water weight as to whether you even should try.
  • KUAngie
    KUAngie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. (Unless you have a medical condition to retain water, then you should contact your doctor.)
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If it’s because of pcos then reducing processed carbs slightly, but upping fibre. and increasing water intake will help.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Muana1005 wrote: »
    If it’s because of pcos then reducing processed carbs slightly, but upping fibre. and increasing water intake will help.

Op is a male
  • jmichaelminton
    jmichaelminton Posts: 47 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm going to assume that you are talking about weight fluctuations between any given time or day of the week that could affect the accuracy of your body weight measurements. I find that this can vary on a number of factors such as hydration status, time of day, whether you recently ate a meal, or used the bathroom.

Personally, I help control the fluctuations in weight by eating a good amount of fiber (at least 25-30 grams a day), drinking plenty of fluids (water only), keeping my sodium intake low as per what MFP recommends, and frequent (at least 5 days/week) moderate exercise (brisk walk or light jog; I walk from 3.5-4.0 on the treadmill for about 45-60 minutes a day).

Fiber is very important to ensure regular bowel movements, and fiber absorbs water as it passes through the digestive tract. This can help maintain a steady baseline when tracking the progress of your weight loss. Fiber also helps lower the amount of fat uptake.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Water weight fluctuations are a normal part of how a healthy body works. Why are you trying to lose water weight quickly?
  • julieannka
    julieannka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keeping carbs below 30 drops my water weight by 5-6 lbs. My weight with higher carbs is 120-122, without it's 116.
  • Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    my body is just prone to retaining a lot of water like I get bloated everywhere, I usually drink a bit of lemon water, if your stomach can handle it, sends me to the bathroom a couple of times then all good.
  • Aguminus
    Aguminus Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    use less salt and avoid food high in sodium. Packaged/canned food is full of it