I just discovered nutella...I think I am in trouble!

Options
bobbiedr
bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
I have never had Nutella before last saturday, but I have been wanting to try it. So...I did. The cafe in our Barnes & Noble store had this nutella to go packet, so I figured I'd try it. It was SOOO good!

Later that day I went and bought a jar. It's not that much worse than peanut butter since skippy is 190 cals for 2 tbsp and nutella is 200 cals for 2 tbsp, but still soo good!

I think I am in trouble now! Trying to find ways to include it in my food without going over... lol

Replies

• handley1234
    handley1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's really good on apples. lol
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    if i have a chocolate craving, i slice up a banana and put a bit of nutella on each slice - so good!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    That's exactly why I will never try it. I'm better off not knowing what I'm missing.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Run away quickly.......not really...it is so good and you are right it is soooooo expensive (calorie wise) but I do work it in everynow and then....I like it on graham crackers....or sometimes just the spoon.....
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Back away from the nutella. Just . . . slowly . . . back away. There's no way I could have that in my house.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I put that shizz on top of a cookie the other night... dont ever buy it from costco is what Im saying...
  • Beaukitty
    Beaukitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's really good on apples. lol

Exactly what I was going to say! 1 Tbsp and a gala apple will run you about 150 cals which is awesome and you get a little extra Nutella left over to savor! :happy:

You can also try it with bananas, but I think the banana sort of overpowers the Nutella. It's really good on whole wheat toast too! Tastes like a pastry.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nutella, but my trainer told me not to eat it. :cry:
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    yep it IS great stuff put here by the :devil: !!

I do try to include it every once in a while on low fat vanilla wafer cookies.....but honestly, just pray everyone else in the house gets to it FAST!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    yeah, I can't buy it. I'll stand at the open cabinet with a spoon. It doesn't last a night.
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    That's exactly why I will never try it. I'm better off not knowing what I'm missing.

fo shizzle ..
  • gabrielleshannonhatt
    Options
    as weird as it sounds it taste really good on plain rice cakes
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Haha... this makes me laugh, because I did the same thing! I bought it not realizing it was going to be THAT good! I made my husband take it to work, because there is NO WAY I could just let that sit in the fridge or stop at 2 TBS!!
  • heatherrosebird
    Options
    I spread a tbsp on a slice of whole grain bread, top with sliced strawberries and roasted oats. Great dessert treat when I'm under my calories at the end of the day.
  • PJoy6
    PJoy6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Back away from the nutella. Just . . . slowly . . . back away. There's no way I could have that in my house.

Absolutely! Back Away, turn around & run as fast as you can!!!

A matter of fact, I believe a jar of nutella a week ago was what spurred me to get back on MFP and start calorie watching. I can't keep it in the house because a spoon is always in it. It's like crack.
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I also love it - I have a jar in the cupboard and refuse to go near it now!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Oh and its super good in wonton wrappers then baked...
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    In Italy Nutella is vitamin fortified! My husband thought he was crazy when he came back from a trip and it wasn't here. I found some in an Italian grocery and indeed it was! He was so glad he hadn't lost it! Ha ha! Anyhow, um...maybe a little on crackers. Or just as a treat?
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nutella, but my trainer told me not to eat it. :cry:

Why??
  • tryingjustfortoday
    Options
    RUN!! THAT STUFF WILL TRIP YOU UP! If any part of you tends to binge eat or emotionally eat, finishing a whole container at one time is too easy. ...and forget about it if you have any degree of PMS. That stuff should have a warning label!