100+ lbs to go: looking for friends

Options
Hello all! I’ve started and restarted MFP multiple times. This time I really feel committed, and I’ve seen a nutritionist so I have a “me plan”. I am trying to balance weight loss and a healthy lifestyle with being in a doctorate program in college. I would love some active friends to help encourage and motivate each other

Replies

• meredith9284
    meredith9284 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m not going to lie, it’s gonna be hard but you can do it! Try not to look at the big picture of how much you have to lose, but set small goals first. I had 135 to lose, and I’ve lost 74 since mid-July. Just have to be super focused.
  • madisonm214
    madisonm214 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And thanks! I’m trying to stay very realistic about it. Not expecting it to happen overnight or the like. Just taking every pound and non-scale victory as it comes.
  • catgoondog
    catgoondog Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don’t forget. Not always the scales. But how ur clothes fit too... :-)
  • laurenelha21
    laurenelha21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey! Sent you a friend request :)
  • nhoffman26
    nhoffman26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey, gonna send you a request. I started out a few years back and lost almost 180lbs in 2 years. Then ended up with a lot of personal stress and pregnant and I snowballed backwards. But now I’m back to exercising and watching what I eat. We can do this!!
  • madisonm214
    madisonm214 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    nhoffman26 wrote: »
    Hey, gonna send you a request. I started out a few years back and lost almost 180lbs in 2 years. Then ended up with a lot of personal stress and pregnant and I snowballed backwards. But now I’m back to exercising and watching what I eat. We can do this!!

Wow! Sounds like a lot of success the first time around. I definitely understand what stress can do. All of the weight I’ve put on the past couple years has been due to stress eating and inactivity while I was struggling in school