Christmas Jumper woes

Options
Hi - I've lost 65lbs this year (almost 50lbs thanks to myfitnesspal) and I think it must've just gotten noticeable despite hiding under my huge work fleece...

I'm expected to wear a Christmas jumper this week to work, a few people have mentioned that I've gotten a bit thin/lost too much ect ( I'm still at a 24 bmi... ) apparently because I only counted calories and continued to eat crisps and chocolate ect I must've starved myself...

Do I wear my old xl Christmas jumper which is now rather roomy and continue to try and hide it from my colleagues or do I wear my daughter's smaller sized one and deal with the comments, knowing that there will be some unkind remarks on my appearance

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Wear the smaller one and ignore the comments, they're only jealous. Be proud of your weight loss achievement :smile:
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Yes wear it proudly!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Jumper must be English for American Sweater? You could go and buy a purposefully hideous one that fits your current size. And if someone says something to you about being smaller say "It's really creepy/inappropriate that you're keeping track of how I look." and then walk away.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You seem very timid for some reason.
    You know you have not lost too much and that it is rude to comment on someone's body. You are not losing weight for someone else or going to regain weight just to suit a co-worker right? Be happy with your accomplishments. Tell people you are happy with your progress and change the subject.
    Wear whichever jumper you like better and feel most comfortable in. If you regularly wear clothes that fit your body better you will probably look and feel better than if you are always in baggy clothes.

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I try not to keep too big clothing in my wardrobe. Much less Christmas specific clothing I would wear a handful of times unless I would also wear it in January.

• crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I was picturing one of those dresses that you often wear a shirt under since they don't have sleeves. You know the ones? I thought they were always called jumpers.

Anyway, you should be proud of all your hard work and I'm sorry your co-workers are making you uncomfortable. I hope you find your voice and let them know that you wish they wouldn't talk about you like that.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I was picturing one of those dresses that you often wear a shirt under since they don't have sleeves. You know the ones? I thought they were always called jumpers. - no, thats a pinafore :smile:

• Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Wear what makes you feel your absolute sexiest self. Who cares about other people's comments or what they have to say. They can kick rocks. If you feel more comfortable in the larger one, then rock it. But if you want to show a few fleeced out curves, then wear the smaller. Be happy and confident, that is all that matters
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I was picturing one of those dresses that you often wear a shirt under since they don't have sleeves. You know the ones? I thought they were always called jumpers.

Anyway, you should be proud of all your hard work and I'm sorry your co-workers are making you uncomfortable. I hope you find your voice and let them know that you wish they wouldn't talk about you like that.

They are in the US (or at least in regions thereof). It's one of the (many) clothing items for which the US and UK have completely different terminology.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ive given my last years one (men's XL) to a work colleague and bought a size 12/14 to fit.
    Just found out I have Christmas jumper day rota-ed off, so will wear it at home!