What does your family REALLY want for Christmas?

Options
It’s that time of year and I have all the shopping to do. But, does Aunt D really want another scented candle? Does Uncle J really want another tie? Does college aged cousin N truly want socks? We all have aunts and uncles and cousins and single friends, married friends, dad/mom friends, some are lucky to still have grandparents. What do these people truly want for Christmas? Is an aunt destined to get scented candles forever? Please say what you are and what you would truly like to receive for Christmas to help us all out! (Example, I’m an Auntie L and I’d like......, or I’m an Uncle H and I’d like, I’m a dad and I’d like....etc)

Replies

• NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Dad and a Brother. Hugs are enough this year. I don't need that tie, or that flashlight.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I’m a mom and I’d really like a coupon for some alone time. Or something to make me feel like a real person.

No such thing exists I’ve found. Merry Christmas!

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I want a lasagna made entirely out of s’mores and a movie marathon with people I actually like.

ETA that I’m a lazy mom. So lazy that I failed to read the instructions
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex wife. Thanks for the jewelry "from my sons" but can you pay my gas bill instead. I'm sure it cost less.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I can't say what I want without getting points, but it rhymes with Dolly Parton.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I am college-aged cousin N, and I want no material gifts. Instead, I want memories. I've told family and friends this, and all but one person agreed to it. So much unnecessary spending happens during the holidays. Yes, that shirt, bear, etc. is cute, but every year I have more and more objects crowding my space. If I'm young with this problem, I can't imagine what 30 years from now will look like. Also, I'm not very demanding, and I buy stuff I want whenever a sale happens, so I don't need to put things on a wishlist for others to buy. Imo, the best gift is money or a gift card to my favorite store.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I am a mom, wife, aunt, sister, daughter.. I just want someone to pay off my house, is that too much to ask? If so then I would settle for an afternoon of pampering.
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm a wife, a sibling, a child. And since you're asking, please don't buy me anything. There is nothing I need or want that I cannot get myself, so you're probably just wasting money and other resources. I'd love some quiet time or time together with loved ones. If you really must spend money make a donation to a charity you know I support. Please. No. More. Stuff.

ETA: And all those years when I was in school and I asked for textbooks on my Amazon wishlist. I bloody well meant it.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I am a very sleep deprived mom and I want 12 hrs of consecutive sleep.
  • more_skal
    more_skal Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I would like some more stockings for my mantle
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Time together without school or work. Really, everything else is negotiable.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    We all want the kitchen remodel to be finished. Like right meow.
  • more_skal
    more_skal Posts: 400 Member
    Options

meow :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Well, I am a wife, mom, daughter, sister, daughter-in-law, aunt, and niece. I don't expect gifts from anyone really.
    I don't really want more candles, lotion, bath stuff, stuffed animals, canned popcorn, or candy. A gift card is okay but maybe for a store or restaurant that is near me or offers online shopping. Cash would be more useful than a gift card.

If you are my family member it'd be nice if you acted like you knew me a little bit when picking out a gift.
    I don't wear perfume or jewelry much.
    Books are a good choice. I am a huge reader. I like sci fi, mysteries, historical romance, humorous stories. Bookmarks and reading accesories are cool.
    I love to cook. Cookbooks, kits and kitchen gadgets are fine. Spice mixes or an unusual ingredient could be fun.
    I drink tea sometimes. Not coffee, wine or beer.
    I love cheese and salty foods. Not a big sweet tooth.
    I like movies, games or puzzles. I like manga and anime.
    I like history and old stuff. I like going to thrift stores, flea makets and vintage stores.
    I collect elephant items and keychains.
    I like arts and crafts. Craft kits or art supplies are fine. Homemade gifts are cool.
    I need more socks or gloves.