spice up tofu + brown rice?

Options
I love brown rice. I love tofu. They're pretty healthy, just got to keep two things in check: 1) portion control and 2) fattening souces.

I'm not a sophisticated chef, any suggestions for how to spice this up?

Things I do include. Simply add tapatio sauce or salsa, add soy sauce and sriracha, add indian like TastyBite, a little peanut and sesame oil (maybe also 5 spices powder and chilis).

Any other suggestions?

-billb

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Umeboshi Vinegar is a yummy option!
  • microvation
    Options
    nice, thanks, I'll give it a try!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    My favorite way to make tofu is with rosemary and garlic.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I make a sweet and sour tofu stir fry. Tofu, lots of veggies, sauce (1/4c catsup, 1/4c pineapple juice, 1/4c rice vinegar). The sauce isn't exactly health food, but if you pour it over enough veggies it works out.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Stir fry 8oz tofu cubes adding some chopped ginger and garlic, 1tspn turmeric, then pour over quarter cup soy sauce, half a lemon juice, a dash of pure maple syrup. Throw in some chopped Brocolli and it'll be done in a few. Reallly tasty, makes a big batch and freezes well.
  • corapie
    corapie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning, I haven't made tofu in a while. I usually just smash tons of garlic in with some olive oil & cook with lots of veggies topped with hot sauce. Also, peanut butter thinned with some veggie broth is really flavorful; I usually add mushrooms, hot chiles & scallions to that.