Bread, bread, glorious bread

Options

Replies

• oharras
    oharras Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Homemade sourdough, homemade pumpernickel, homemade seeded rye, homemade potato bread and my homemade yeast rolls. Beautiful bagels and bagel bread from Goldbergs, our best Jewish deli.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Rye and sourdough are my other faves, there is no sandwich that isn't better with one of those two, in my estimation.

Me too!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Warm honey whole wheat with butter
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Challah. Best bread ever for french toast.

Dave's White for general purpose every day bread (high calorie but oh so good).

Yes!!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i've gotten on a dough-laminating kick recently, and i keep going back and doing it again because it's so cool to see it actually work.

so basically: croissants.

i do make a version where the 'butter' is actually cheese though - i slice it thin enough with my veggie peeler, and then take it from t here. so that's healthy and good for me, right?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I eat stuffing cold that's how much I LOVE BREAD
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Reading this is making my mouth water... I might have a bread addiction.

The best bread I've had recently was actually at a hotel on their continental breakfast. They had this cinnamon raisin sliced bread that was just to die for. Super dense, chewy, and loaded with raisins... toasted up with some butter, it was like heaven. I've been looking in the stores for something similar with no luck! Breaks my heart...
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Love ciabatta, pumpernickle and rye swirl bread, and pretzel rolls. There's a place near me that makes great olive loaf bagels. Thomas's Corn English muffins taste like cornbread with a kiss of vanilla. I almost polished of a loaf of buttered garlic bread by myself. Looking for some good naan to try. I see good pizza crust potential.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Pretzels. Fresh from the oven. No further comment necessary. :drool:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

We have family movie night and make pretzels for it every once in awhile. Mmm. Yum.

The bakery I go to also makes pretzel croissants, which are fantastic.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Sour dough loafs are my fav. Bap rolls. Corn bread. I may actually stop at a local bakery after my workout purely due to your thread!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

We have family movie night and make pretzels for it every once in awhile. Mmm. Yum.

The bakery I go to also makes pretzel croissants, which are fantastic.

There's a stand at the train station. I treat myself to one of them once a week (on the last day of the week on my way home for the weekend :wink: ). It's my little ritual and those calories are soooooooooooooooooooo worth it.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Got me some Vienna sourdough and chocolate croissants
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I make sourdough rye and roll it in seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, poppy) before baking, yummm. Mmmm I think it's lunch time!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I enjoy some artisan breads, but mostly I am drawn towards the simple yeast rolls and Hawaiian sweet rolls. When cutting calories, my go to is Ole Xtreme Wellness tortillas. 50 calories. I will roll one up and eat it plain. They are moister than most tortillas and taste a lot like a whole wheat roll.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bread shouldn't be sweet for me. Otherwise anything very fresh with butter so thick you can see your teeth marks in it :-)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    red lobster cheddar cheese rolls...i can eat my weight in those things
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Challah. Best bread ever for french toast.

Dave's White for general purpose every day bread (high calorie but oh so good).

i had french toast for brunch one day made with Challah - with fresh berries - soooo good
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Could it have been malt loaf?

I've never even heard of that... it looks similar, though not quite. This was definitely store made, and it had HUGE slices. I might have to go find some recipes for malt bread though...