Week 1 ~ Team Amazing_Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I'm going to bed Team!! I'm tired and need to catch up on some rest!! I don't have everybody's stats for today (most of them, but not all), but I'll check here on the thread again in the morning....

YOU ALL ARE DOING SO GREAT!! YOU'RE SIMPLY AMAZING!! :flowerforyou:
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Oh, no!! I did the pushups today instead of the up/downs!! I was so proud of myself for doing them (a set of 5 every time I went to the bathroom-must have done at least 50 today!) These were the modified wall push ups as my knees just are not happy right now! Guess I had better get moving!!

I did drink my water today though!

It's ok if you switch them up... just always let me know which ones you did if you are going to do a different day... :wink:

Thank goodness!! My abs (who knew I had those? lol) are getting a workout lately!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I did pushups today (tomorrow I will do the up downs-sorry I read the challenge incorrectly!), drank all my water plus some and stayed under calorie goal today! Those things I can control. The rest of my life was crazy today!

Hope everyone else had a better day than I did!
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Up and Downs and water- check
    Somehow, under calorie goal
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This morning I walked for 2 miles, did 40 Ups and Downs, and drank 8 glasses of water.
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    AUGUST 4th, 2011

WHAT A CHALLENGE THOSE UP & DOWN, WOW, VERY HARD!

40 UPS & DOWNS = Check!
    17 WATER = Check
    Under = Check

Have a nice day!
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    13 glasses water
    100 alternating toe touches (modification for ups & downs)
    under calorie count
    all this with 2 miles of biggest loser and 3 miles of walk away the pounds! woooo hoooo! :happy:
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    You guys ROCK!!
    You are simply AMAZING!!!!! :noway:
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    sorry for posting yesterdays stuff late - a/c went out and had massive overhaul on basement b/4 repair man comes today :noway:
    anyway -
    water - ck
    mod hand/toe touches - ck
    under target cal - ck

i do have a ? - when i signed up - i put to exercise not daily but 3?4? times a wk - (which is prob why its a slow going) - is this not right??? i mean - should it be 5 - 6 times a week???

also - my target cal is 1200 (if i do major exercise and get xtra cal's to burn - and i do - - am i still then under my calories??)
    thanks so much - (weekends will be hard to ck in - i will do as i can - you want updates daily right???)
    could i start recording like: today's on here tomorrow morning?
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    sorry for posting yesterdays stuff late - a/c went out and had massive overhaul on basement b/4 repair man comes today :noway:
    anyway -
    water - ck
    mod hand/toe touches - ck
    under target cal - ck

i do have a ? - when i signed up - i put to exercise not daily but 3?4? times a wk - (which is prob why its a slow going) - is this not right??? i mean - should it be 5 - 6 times a week???

also - my target cal is 1200 (if i do major exercise and get xtra cal's to burn - and i do - - am i still then under my calories??)
    thanks so much - (weekends will be hard to ck in - i will do as i can - you want updates daily right???)
    could i start recording like: today's on here tomorrow morning?

it's FINE to post the next day what you did the day before, just remember to say that it is for "yesterday" so I can keep the days straight. Also, in this challenge, there is an exercise "challenge" for 6 days out of the week with one rest day....

For myself - I think that part of the reason I've lost 32 pounds in 115 days is that I do some form of exercise every single day - even if it is just walking..... also, if you are working out alot, then your body needs for "fuel" (food) so it is ok to eat some of those exercise calories back and you can still come in under your calorie goal for the day.... YES!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

I know that weekends will be crazy because everybody has different schedules and busy lives... I do keep up with the thread, and your posts that say you came in under your calorie goal (on my wall), and check your food diaries (when I can), and if I don't see that you guys have written your water or exercise challenge anywhere, then I will send you a message.... I just hope you don't get tired of me messaging you!!! Hehe.

Thanks again everybody - I think that you are doing an AWESOME job and cant wait to see this weeks results.... :flowerforyou:

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT ON MONDAY MORNING - I WILL START A NEW THREAD.... ILL MAKE SURE TO POST THE NEW LINK ON THIS THREAD AND TRY TO GET IT OUT TO ALL OF YOU SO THAT YOU CAN "FIND" US..... OTHERWISE THIS THREAD WILL JUST GET WAY TOOOO LONG.....
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    The only think I accomplished for the challenge is I drank my water.... I was over yesterday in my diary :cry: I am only worried about hurting the teams final score and I and sorry for that. I was asked out to bowling last night and then dinner. I was going to eat a PB&J at home and do the modified up&downs, but I didn't get home till 11pm. On a good note my son and my "guy" seem to get along alright :wink:

I will get the pushups in as wall pushups everytime I go to the bathroom at work... I go like 10 times due to drinking water. I will be under my calorie goal today and will have my water drank!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    NO EXCUSES REPOST:

IRIST9975 Had a horrible day yesterday,

"I was out all day in Nyc then on my way home we get in an accident. Thank god my family is ok but my vehicle is not. I did eat healthy while I was out and I came home and did my challenges. I was amazed with myself because I was so Angry and emotionally drained that all I wanted to do was shower and go to sleep but instead I got on all fours and did my routine. Thank you everyone for giving me the drive and motivation to keep going, If it werent for you guys I wouldnt be able to do this."

Awesome!! I just wanted to share with you all.....
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    CALLING ALL AUGUST CHALLENGE MEMBERS

The gauntlet is being thrown down. Lukybug challenges us to 20 sets of globe jumps and now the D'Terminators have challenged us all to 25 CRAB TOUCHES!

The youtube video if you can see it is right here. It's time to bring it!

globe jumps --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc
    crab touches --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDXcImopmY4

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! Remember these are extra above the pushups you are not required to do these....unless you are wanting to win.

GO TEAM AMAZING GRACE!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Challenge UPDATE ..... (I'm hesitant to post this becasue I don't want to discourage any of you!!)

Ok, per Gary himself - "Crab touches = EPIC FAIL. I modified them by sitting down and crunching up towards my toes so they are done. I just don't have the triceps to hold myself up with one hand. Believe me I really tried and hate not being able to do a challenge...BUT....that's incentive to work towards! Thanks for the challenge. Its done but with modifications." Gary.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    and one more challenge from TEAM WMR (Weapons of Mass Reduction) is adding one more mini challenge to the day so that makes 3 total.

REMEMBER, THESE EXTRA CHALLENGES ARE OPTIONAL!!!!

JOG up 100 stairs today. If you can't JOG - climb them quickly. This needs to be a staircase with at least 8 - 13 steps per climb.

For example, if your basement stairs has 13 stairs, you can do 8 sets for 104. GO AUGUST CHALLENGE!!!

Remember look for everyday things that can add an extra burn but doesn't take a lot of time. Each step builds the calves and quads and gets that heart a pumping!
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    when do these 'challenges' (globe jumps and crab touches) have to be done??
    today? this weekend? this month??
    lol ---- not exactly sure which one i'd pray for LOL
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    and one more challenge from TEAM WMR (Weapons of Mass Reduction) is adding one more mini challenge to the day so that makes 3 total.

REMEMBER, THESE EXTRA CHALLENGES ARE OPTIONAL!!!!

JOG up 100 stairs today. If you can't JOG - climb them quickly. This needs to be a staircase with at least 8 - 13 steps per climb.

For example, if your basement stairs has 13 stairs, you can do 8 sets for 104. GO AUGUST CHALLENGE!!!

Remember look for everyday things that can add an extra burn but doesn't take a lot of time. Each step builds the calves and quads and gets that heart a pumping!

I will do this one tonight! I am at a place that has a 17 stair flight... I will make sure to count how many times I go up :wink:
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I got my water in today! I got the pushups in.... modified them to wall pushups! I will make sure that I stay under my calories tonight too.... hope that everyone is doing good!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    when do these 'challenges' (globe jumps and crab touches) have to be done??
    today? this weekend? this month??
    lol ---- not exactly sure which one i'd pray for LOL

Sorry - I should have been a little more clear.... it's my understanding that it is between today and Sunday.....
    Remember - they are NOT required.... just the daily exercise challenge is REQUIRED.....

I've just seen the REQUIRED exercise challenges for next week!!! Oh my!!! They are NO JOKE!!! Lol. I'll look over them tonight and have them posted to the thread by tomorrow morning so that everyone has time to ask questions if they need to......

I will tell you that we have a "team" challenge of 100 miles that we have to accomplish (as a group!) during week #2 - walk, jog or run - it doesn't matter..... But for those of us that already walk or run or jog each day - this has to be OVER AND ABOVE what we are already doing!!!