Losing weight after baby

Options
What are the best tips and trick to lose weight after having a baby and keep it off ?

I just had my 4th child in june of this year , after having her i lost 22lbs and slowly gained it back over the last 6 months. Does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to lose weight and keep it off ?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Find a calorie goal that puts you at a reasonable deficit (MFP can help with that), log accurately, and hit it consistently.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Find a calorie goal that puts you at a reasonable deficit (MFP can help with that), log accurately, and hit it consistently.

This. It's the same way everyone loses weight. The only difference is if you're breastfeeding you have to ensure you're eating more to account for that.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding?
  • rvaugh07
    rvaugh07 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had a baby the end of April and lost 20 right away, then had to go dairy free because of breastfeeding and baby having an allergy, lost another 15 and gained 3 back. Was stuck there until Oct 23rd when I decided I was ready to start logging everything and lose the weight. I'm still exclusively breastfeeding my baby, but just eat around the number of calories mfp gives me and use my kitchen scale to weigh what I can. I rarely eat out but when I do I expect the calories to be off by up to 200 either way and just guesstimate as well as I can using mfp. In 7 weeks that I've been logging everything everyday, I'm down 22lbs. My milk supply is still good for my baby, and if I dip too low on my calories he lets me know by nursing a lot more and being a little fussy. If he gets that way I make sure and eat extra calories the next couple days, but I try not to let that happen. My baby refuses a bottle and isn't eating much for solids yet, about 1 - 2oz a day, so i dont have the option to starve myself or take any kind of weightloss pills. I basically try to move more everyday and weigh and log every calorie and it's working well for me.

Good luck and you can do it!