hydrolyzed collagen???

Options
Grnhouse
Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
edited December 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone used hydrolyzed collagen in supplement or powder form and if so what are your personal results? Wondering if it works for inflammation. Thxs.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I use powder in coffee/yoghurt. I have used it for a few years, and using it coincides with my skin improving - I used to have severe acne. It might not be the collagen, but who knows!
  • gpokerlund
    gpokerlund Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It works! I absolutely love it! Just make sure you are taking enough mg's per day and be consistent and purchase a reputable brand with pure ingredients.
  • Grnhouse
    Options
    gpokerlund wrote: »
    It works! I absolutely love it! Just make sure you are taking enough mg's per day and be consistent and purchase a reputable brand with pure ingredients.

@gpokerlund what brands do you recommend?
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I've been adding a powdered form of collagen in my daily protein smoothie for a couple of years now. It's tasteless and odorless.

I haven't dealt with inflammation, but I feel it has helps my hair/skin/nails and has helped my loose skin to tighten up my loose skin.

I also make and drink bone broth and have a very good diet full of veggies, greens as well.

• Grnhouse
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    I found studies on hydrolyzed collagen improving wound healing in dogs and bone remodeling in mice. Some studies on improvement to bone health concluded that there was no causation. If hydrolyzed collagen improved inflammation it would be used in surgery. What kind of inflamation are we talking about, here?

I am extremely skeptical and opposed to supplements promoted by mommyblogs and .coms.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S8756328209020031
    https://avmajournals.avma.org/doi/abs/10.2460/ajvr.2000.61.1574
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrolyzed_collagen#Effects_on_skin

Thxs @leggup. My inflammation is from back pain.
  • gpokerlund
    gpokerlund Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I dont think the brand is important as long as they are reputable. Its the dosage thats important. 5000mg to 10,000mg/day will make a noticeable improvement in one month. So read the label. I also prefer powder than pills. Some companies recommend 2000mg/day which wont do much. I take 5000mg/day amd im very happy with the noticeable improvement
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Grnhouse wrote: »
    My inflammation is from back pain.

Have you discussed this with a qualified physician?
  • Grnhouse
    Options
    Grnhouse wrote: »
    My inflammation is from back pain.

Have you discussed this with a qualified physician?
    @snickerscharlie no I have not.