Attention Experienced MFP Users!

Options
Will you please check out my diaries? Am I on a good path so far (besides yesterday)? I want to tweak my technique now rather than later. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right lol. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. Thanks :)

Replies

• dragonz11
    Options
    hi,i would say watch ur sodium intake going by what ive seen ur always over and sodium stores fat
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed is the amount of sodium you're taking...that will help to hold weight quicker than anything....plus you don't have many veges....have a look at your friend's diaries and take some ideas from theirs...good luck..:-}
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different views of what is 'right'. However, most commonly people seem to do best with changing the MFP standard settings to 40 carbs 30 protein and 30 fat. You are right about eating more in the morning. You will have more energy and keep your metabolism up while you are active. One book I read suggested having a min of 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up. I find this difficult but I can usually get at least 20.

Good Luck. !
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    You could get healthier bread, pb & jelly. I get bread that is 35 calories a slice. I also use real fruit jam, low sugar, or sugar free jam. Eat more fruits & veggies with low fat dressing to fill you up. Drink more water whenever you can. I don't have the best food diary but you're welcome to check out mine if you want to! Good luck!!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    More vegetables, more fruit,and more whole grains. Basically, focus your meals around plants instead of processed meals. This will help lower the sodium as well.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Okies, I'd suggest you eat more veggies (cuz I don't see much at all!) and less already prepared food. Veggies are filling, nutritious and are fewer calories than processed foods. Steamed broccoli, seasoned green beans, asparagus sauteed with olive oil and garlic, broiled portabella mushroom, tomato, onion, and cucumber salad are some suggestions.

Other thing is, are you positive you are logging everything? Milk for your cereal? Be sure, because this is where a lot of people slip up.

Good luck!
  • CaliGirl313
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really am trying to eat healthier.. I managed to buy fruit today that was on sale and eat healthy enchiladas with lots of bell pepper is them. I live in the mountains in the middle of nowhere so ALL the fruit and veggies are expensive and not the best ("womp"). Maybe I need to start buying more frozen veggies?