Where are my metal heads?

Options

Replies

• alange1776
    alange1776 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Favorite band of all time is Tool. All others, for me, pale in comparison. But I'm also a huge fan of Mastodon, Marylin Manson, Deftones, Slipknot. But again, I don't like to be boxed into one genre. Have to say though GWAR was one of my fave live bands to see.
  • glammooreghoul
    glammooreghoul Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    alange1776 wrote: »
    Favorite band of all time is Tool. All others, for me, pale in comparison. But I'm also a huge fan of Mastodon, Marylin Manson, Deftones, Slipknot. But again, I don't like to be boxed into one genre. Have to say though GWAR was one of my fave live bands to see.

Ive always been a fan of Maynards work. The Aenima album was a life changer for me as a 13 yr old. I love apc and puscifer.
  • Yelnatsceltics
    Yelnatsceltics Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Does Mega Death count??
  • Yelnatsceltics
    Yelnatsceltics Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oops! Must be a flashback
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    I need my metal loving people to step up!! Who's your fav? What's the greatest show you have seen?

Best shows I attended live were Opeth, Porcupine tree, Megadeth & Testament.
    Currently digging Gojira amongst the new generation metal bands.

Otherwise among the old ones im into more mainstream ones - megadeth, opeth, arch enemy, quo vadis, tool, carcass, dream theater, death, nevermore, pantera, judas priest et al

OMG how did i forget Death in my list?!

And the fact that you know Porcupine Tree is awesome. Gojira's most recent album is freaking FIRE.

Not really metal, but anyone remember Spocks Beard?

Any Fates Warning or Savatage fans in the house?
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    alange1776 wrote: »

Have you listened to Killer Be Killed? Members of Sepultura, Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mars Volta...
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    Ministry is coming to Atlanta in April!! I'm so frickin' excited!! It's like a 2.5 hr drive but so worth it!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Ministry is coming to Atlanta in April!! I'm so frickin' excited!! It's like a 2.5 hr drive but so worth it!

Yeah I have to drive 2-2.5 hours to get to Sydney to see any bands.

I imagine if I was in Sydney I would be seeing many more bands.
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

That is me. The closest town that had good shows is like an hour away. So we are always driving an hour or more. More for the bigger acts. They always go to Atlanta, Georgia!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

That is me. The closest town that had good shows is like an hour away. So we are always driving an hour or more. More for the bigger acts. They always go to Atlanta, Georgia!

So 2.5 hours in total? For me it’s 2.5 hours one way :tongue:
  • glammooreghoul
    edited December 2017
    Options

So 2.5 hours in total? For me it’s 2.5 hours one way :tongue:

Atlanta is 2.5 one way. The closest is 1 one way, but they hardly have national headliners.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    In the last few months I've done Airbourne & Mastodon in Belfast, Metallica in London and Megadeth in Vegas.
    I have Maiden, Sepultura & Skid Row coming up in Belfast and Midnight Ghost Train in Edinburgh in the next few months.
    Missed out on Steel Panther tickets :-(
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    In the last few months I've done Airbourne & Mastodon in Belfast, Metallica in London and Megadeth in Vegas.
    I have Maiden, Sepultura & Skid Row coming up in Belfast and Midnight Ghost Train in Edinburgh in the next few months.
    Missed out on Steel Panther tickets :-(

I seen Steel Panther a few years back. They opened for Judas Priest. They were so much fun!!
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I'm laughing here...... only 2.5hrs away......hell. I only wish I didn't have at least a 5hr trek to any place to see a decent band.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm more of a Blues based classic rock kind of guy, but if you include AC/DC, Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath as Metal, then I like Metal.

Once, around 1986 or so, I had a Tae Kwon Do school. It was in the evening and I was cleaning the studio after hours and had Led Zeppelin blasting on my ghetto blaster in the studio. A couple of my teen students were driving by and saw the lights on, so they pulled in to check it out. When they came in, they heard my music and one of them said "Wow. I didn't know you listened to Dinosaur Rock." I asked them what they were up to. They told me they were on the way to see a new band called Metallica.
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    I'm laughing here...... only 2.5hrs away......hell. I only wish I didn't have at least a 5hr trek to any place to see a decent band.

I would literally have to relocate. I've tried living somewhere once that was far away from music and that didn't last but like 3 months.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Best ever? Maybe Motograter back in 2003 with Kittie. Although Goatwhore was amazing when I saw them this year. Arch Enemy and Trivium put on a great show too. Drove from Alabama to Atlanta just to see them.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi.