Question on calorie amount of salads

Options
Hey guys, I get a salad every day for lunch but I have no idea how many calories I'm taking in and I was wondering if anyone could help me get a ballpark range...

I get a regular sized dinner plate-cover it with half romaine, half baby spinach... add a couple cucumber slices, a couple cherry tomatoes, a few onion pieces, a little bit of shredded carrot, about 10 chick peas, a few black beans, a couple tablespoons of salsa, and about 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegarette.

Help/advice appreciated.

Replies

• RayRay042408
    Options
    i know the salad itself is less than 20 calories...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    just try to add all of that into your diary, figure out the calories, then save it as an item
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    Click on the FOOD tab, then click on the RECIPES link. To the right is a green button that says Enter a Recipe. Click it, add your individual ingredient and amounts, serving size and there's your answer. No one can give you even a rough estimate, you have to do the measuring, logging and imputting yourself.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I enter in all of the ingredients and save it in My Meals and title it Large Lunch Salad or something. Then I can access My Meals when I Add Food to my lunch diary. You can make changes once it's posted on your diary.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    The easiest and most accurate way to enter ANY food is to do it by individual ingredients.
  • moamcgoo
    moamcgoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try the recipe thing!