POTLUCK Recipes??

Options
So I've been doing really well with my diet the past few weeks and need some help to decide what to bring to a potluck at work.. I want something healthy. Hoping if no one else brings anything healthy I can just eat my own lol. Any Recipes anyone can share??

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Weight watcher Chicken and artichokes- super yummy, can be cooked then transferred to a crock put to keep warm. This recipe leaves out the potatoes for some reason, but I also slice up and add potatoes for a complete meal in one dish.

https://recipebookandmore.wordpress.com/category/artichoke-hearts/
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    What food group are you thinking about? Side dish or main dish? For me, my go to is a simple mixed fruit bowl or I do a copy cat Olive Garden Salad (dressing sold in stores).
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Salad- there are many different types from greens to pasta to quinoa to beans
    Vegetables and dip
    Meatballs
    Buffalo chicken http://hostthetoast.com/5-bc-recipes/
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    3 to 4 lbs chicken breast
    2 TB butter
    1 pouch Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
    1/2 c. Franks Red Hot, or to taste

Everybody into the slow cooker pool and heat for 6-8 hours on low. Shred and pile onto rolls with extra ranch/bleu cheese dressing, cole slaw, celery...
  • Blondie1984
    Blondie1984 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the all the recipe ideas!! I am going to have to look through them to see which is the healthiest!!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    HA!! I was just going to say I'm making Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (crockpot) for my potluck tomorrow :-)
    Protein always goes FAST!!! And I hate having to take home a dish that went uneaten (veggie platter, I'm talking to YOU!!).

My go-to for when I simply don't have time is a cold shrimp platter (Costco!)... It ALWAYS gets eaten FAST & I can eat all I want :-)

Bisquick sausage rolls, pizza dip, buffalo chicken dip (looks gross, but tastes great!), mini BLT sandwiches!

We never seem to eat up salads or veggie platters/hummus, BUT a pretty fruit bowl of cut up stuff looks super pretty in a trifle dish (& whipped cream on the side). A nice crusty bread (you should cut it up first), and some nice cheese, or pita chips and Spinach artichoke dip go over well.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I am making Asian lettuce wraps for my work potluck next week. This is the recipe I use, but there are tons of variations if you Google it.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/asian-lettuce-wraps-recipe-1948673
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    My go-to is Italian Chili. Basically, uses Italian sausage in place of ground beef, and oregano in place of chili powder. Add lot of pepper chunks, zucchini slices and carrot chunks to increase volume without adding a ton of calories.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    * Turkey meatballs- in the crockpot with a can of cranberry sauce and a bottle of BBQ sauce
    * If it's a holiday potluck, putting together a veggie tray in the shape of a Christmas tree is a fun way to do something healthy- people love it!
    * Another holiday potluck idea- make a "wreath" of fresh rosemary springs, cherry tomatoes, cheese cubes, and olives (black, kalamata, green)
    * Small, thin baguette "disks" topped with goat cheese, blueberries, and a slight drizzle of balsamic. Toasted in the oven.
    * Caprese salad bites- slice of tomato topped with slice of buffalo mozzarella, basil leaf, and drizzle of balsamic. Or do the same kind of thing on a toothpick (cherry tomato, mini buffalo mozzarella ball, basil leaf. Balsamic on the side for dipping)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    A bag of frozen turkey meatballs in crockpot. Mix chilisauce and grape jelly and pour over meatballs. Slow cook to heat thru. Toothpiks on the side!
  • ys6108
    ys6108 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Exploded Cabbage Rolls. Easy and fast. I usually make it with ground turkey instead of beef.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/235997/unstuffed-cabbage-roll/
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    My go-to is a dozen or so bell peppers (green, orange, yellow and red) in bite size chunks with a large Sabra hummus. It’s always gone, maybe because I eat a lot of it.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I make stuffed mini peppers. I make shredded pork, chicken and beef ones. I top them with either cheese or almond cheese (depending on who I am making them for), cilantro and pickled jalapeno. They're like mini pepper nachos.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    A Greek Salad.
    Brussel Sprouts (boiled and then sauteed/baked with bacon grease drizzle)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    How about chili? Its easy to make healthy chili and most people like it (except me).
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken kebabs.

Grill some seasoned chicken chunks and stick them with grilled zucchini, bell peppers and onion. Or do a teriyaki stye kebab with teriyaki chicken/beef, grilled pineapple, and red and green bell pepper.