Tips!! Who knew??

Options

Replies

• kripley1229
    Options
    Tip for cleaning the microwave: spray with any cleaner and then place a bowl or cup of water in and "cook" on high for about 6 minutes. The boiling water will create steam that will loosen any stubborn stuck on food! Just wipe clean with a paper towel. Make sure to be careful when removing the water from the microwave!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I got this in an email from my mom! I hadn't heard most of them either. :flowerforyou:
  • Nancyhusanu
    Options
    Great info!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    yummy tips! i'll read more when i get home. thnx rach!
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Interesting and awesome, thanks!
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks!
  • mogenfire
    mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Heads up! This has been circulating for years in email. Some are true, others not so much. Most are harmless anyway, but don't put too much store in them.

Fun to see it again though :wink:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Good stuff!
  • 4himalone
    Options
    Great info thanks!
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wonderful tips! Thanks! Wish I'd known about the ant tip sooner!!!
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love these! Where did you get such great info?
  • christalouigi
    Options
    Great tips! Definitely gonna try a few! Thanks! :-)
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Tip for cleaning the microwave: spray with any cleaner and then place a bowl or cup of water in and "cook" on high for about 6 minutes. The boiling water will create steam that will loosen any stubborn stuck on food! Just wipe clean with a paper towel. Make sure to be careful when removing the water from the microwave!

To prevent the water from splashing out on you when you remove it, you can put wooden chopsticks in the dish. I saw this trick on Good Eats (Alton Brown is a food nerd, but awesome!) and it seems to help w/ the boiling water in the microwave problem!
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    This is post fantastic!lol :D
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    Intriguing. Thanks!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I love this!
  • belindablanks
    belindablanks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    #22 & #25 are definite keepers, I can attest to both. Thanks for posting.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options

To prevent the water from splashing out on you when you remove it, you can put wooden chopsticks in the dish. I saw this trick on Good Eats (Alton Brown is a food nerd, but awesome!) and it seems to help w/ the boiling water in the microwave problem!

Great tips...Alton Brown is awesome!