Is it stupid starting diet so close to Christmas?

I was successful using MFP and then I got put on heavy duty meds and partly that and partly feeling *kitten* about myself I've put 10lb on I lost initially and 20 lb on top.

I feel horrid,I 've never been this big.
Monday I'm going to Amsterdam known for waffles and pancakes,I'm celebrating my birthday there ,then it's Xmas,then New years...

I can't decide if it's pointless trying to diet now or wait until it's all out of the way but just feel so disgusted with myself.
Any advice is welcome . And yes I know no-one can motivate you but I'm barely getting through days as it is atm and any help or tips is appreciated .

Replies

• janalo55
    janalo55 Posts: 50 Member
    By keeping track, you may even find out you're doing better than you thought. My goals are set to lose 1.5 pounds a week. Even if I go over, the log out usually shows a loss even if it's very slight, for the five week period it mentions. Yes, I know that's not exact, just a possibility. But what I mean is that you can be mindful, stay around what you need to maintain, and then come back and knuckle down. I guess the truth is, it just matters how badly you want to lose and how soon you want to do it.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    I'm just now starting back again and have been successful before starting around the holidays. I just plan not to over indulge. If I can't do it then I will start after the first of the year. I'm not sweating it.
  • peaky151
    peaky151 Posts: 13 Member
    No it's not stupid to start now. I would say have one goal.. no matter what... drink lots of water. Everyday set that goal. That way by the time you really start you will already be used to that one. Don't beat yourself up. Enjoy your vacation and have a wonderful time!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Start now and start with counting and logging and get with the habit if you're up for a challenge!