eggs

Options
hi all just wondering is eating eggs everyday bad for you i eat 1-2 boiled every morning
they fill me up and dont bloat me like other breakfasts

comments appreciated

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's bad for you, but I might recommend eating them only 4 or 5 days and finding an alternative breakfast the other days.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, I LOVE eggs and couldn't care less whether they are good or bad for me :happy: :wink:
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Interested to hear peoples opinions. I have 2 eggs every day too. I agree that they really do keep you full longer ...
  • georgiabridget
    Options
    1-2 eggs is only around 150 cals, so in that way, they're great! i can't see any disadvantages, they provide a whole heap of protein, which will help keep you full and energized throughout the day.

xo
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    also...I'm not one of those "go organic" folks, but I have read about the benefits of different organic foods. One thing I've read is that if you eat only one organic food, it should be eggs. here's one article suggesting some of the reasons for that...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/67236-benefits-organic-eggs/
  • change_happens
    Options
    A healthy person can consume eggs. I sometimes have 3-6 eggs in a day. I love them :) Enjoy your eggs!
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, I do also eat quite alot however I am trying to change my breakfast up to keep it fresh so I don't get bored.
    I don't think they are bad for you, alot of people don't like the yolk to be left in because of the fat content.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i think eggs are good, i had 3 yesterday. a hard boiled one dipped in light salad cream as a snack, and then 2 scrambled into an omlette for tea!
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    I eat 6-8 eggs a day 5-6 times a week but they are egg whites...an awesome source of pure protein and almost no carbs.
    6 large egg whites scrambled equal 103 calories, 1g of carbs, 0g of fat and 22g of protein.
  • missjoclarke
    Options
    Hey huni, there are quite a few calories in boiled egg's ok....if ya having 2 a day check out how many calories there is by the end of the week....its a lot, eggs white are fine, but i would defo find an alternative brekkie like huni - 50g of oats and skimmed milk....slow release carbs and energy might be a good one for you ....hope this helps xxxx
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'm always amused by the people that say they eat eggs and then say they only eat the whites. From a taste stand point the yolk is the absolute best part and without it I don't see the point in eating eggs.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great and don't listen to this nonsense about only eating the whites because of the "high calories" in the yolk.
    Since when is a nutritious food containing 70 calories too high? We're not talking about a cheeseburger here!

Having said that, I think variety in your meals is a good thing, so alternating them with another breakfast wouldn't be a bad idea.
    My favourite is fruit salad with about 100g natural yoghurt and 1/3 cup muesli. I get it ready the night before so I can grab it and go in the morning.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I'm always amused by the people that say they eat eggs and then say they only eat the whites. From a taste stand point the yolk is the absolute best part and without it I don't see the point in eating eggs.

i agree totaly and over here in uk we cant get egg whites in a tin or carton so its a waste of yolk then.... plus i use fresh eggs from my dads chickens so they pop out in the morning ands then in my tummy an hour later cant get more free range than that :)
  • epoint
    epoint Posts: 88
    Options

i agree totaly and over here in uk we cant get egg whites in a tin or carton so its a waste of yolk then.... plus i use fresh eggs from my dads chickens so they pop out in the morning ands then in my tummy an hour later cant get more free range than that :)

Oh, you are so lucky! I hate buying eggs from the grocery store. Right now I'm using eggs from my friend's farm, which I gathered myself the other day when I was there on a visit. They are so good. I usually eat one in the mornings when I get back in from my walk.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    We have 5 chickens, and get 3-4 fresh organic eggs every day. Eggs are great for you.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    All I can say is, I LOVE eggs and couldn't care less whether they are good or bad for me :happy: :wink:

FROM MY HEAD DOWN TO MY LEGS!!!!!! THE INCREDIBLE, EDIBLE EGG!

I eat two every morning, be it fried, omelet, scrambled, poached, boiled, anyway you want it! I LOVE EGGS!

Oh yeah, the all natural are so golden, creamy, rich, delicious! I don't by any other kind!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options

Most definitely! I'm in total agreement Who cares about the whites? Give me that beautiful golden rich yolk!
  • buell1200
    Options
    Nothing at all wrong with eggs.

Unless your are bodybuilding and you eat a lot of them, then it is best to do mostly whites with a couple yolks.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ha ha!

I am one of those dreadful people who only the white!! But only when I want it as a top up not as a main breakfast
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    We have 5 chickens, and get 3-4 fresh organic eggs every day. Eggs are great for you.

That is so cool, to have chickens. You will always have superfresh eggs.