When you were 17...

Options

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    When i was 17 (2 years ago) I should of thought about loosing weight, because i was realllly overweight back then! I should of taken more control of my food portions. I used to pile the plate and go back for more. And even after that I was still hungry! LOL!

But ive finally done something about it, my portion control is much better now, my eating habits are now really reallly good! I used to drink LOADS of alochol! Fromm the age of 16, I used to be out every weekend with people alot older than me. I always got served at bars without getting ID'd because i was big, and tall and i looked older than what a average 16 year looks like..

I have now cut out the boooze, i drink it once a while, on occasions etc. And boy does it feel better! I love the hangover free on a saturday and sunday morning! :)
  • Trig0r
    Trig0r Posts: 47
    Options
    When I was 17 it woudlnt of mattered what I would of told myself because I wouldnt of listened to some podgey bald guy in his mid 30's lol...
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i have to say at 17 i was having the time of my life!!! Yes i'm probably paying for it now, but i'd met my hubby to be the yr before and we were partying and having fun.

Just live life, have fun.................and remember that your parents were 17 once and are NOT stupid!!

By the way that hubby to be is still in my life 22yrs later with 3 sons in tow, and i'm still madly in love, so the other piece of advice............use contraception!!!!!!!!!!! fall in love with the person before you just become mam and dad xxxxx
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    When I was 17,
    I drank some very good beer.
    I drank some very good beer I purchased with a fake I.D.
    My name was Brian Mcgee
    I stayed up listening to Queen
    When I was 17.

ha ha loves it!!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You will not be fat in your 20s so just be patient, your not the pretty slim one now but you will be ;)
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'd say :
    Ali don't choose the college that's close to home. Go to one of the bigger schools in a different area so that you can experience more.
  • prettytoxic
    prettytoxic Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1. Don't bother with Uni, you'd be better off just getting a job after college
    2. For the love of god do NOT get with Andy, he's a scumbag and ends up trying to sleep with one of your UNDERAGE best friends at a party while you're being sick downstairs.
    3. Go and start talking to Shane again... he's the best thing that will ever happen to you right now.
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    go travelling and do something for yourself. Don't worry about not seeing your friends for a few months, the good ones will still be there in a few years time.
    And don't rush to make a decision on what to sudy or where to live. Thinks will change. try a few things, do internships, summer jobs and stuff.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Take that $5000 you saved for that Mustang and purchase Microsoft.

I believe with all the splits, etc that todays value would be around $20 million or so.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Take that $5000 you saved for that Mustang and purchase Microsoft.

I believe with all the splits, etc that todays value would be around $20 million or so.

haha nice. although i was 17 eleven years ago so i probably should have bought APPLE :P

good post OP - i'd say don't take life too seriously :) enjoy the ride
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    Its Never worth it to Not be yourself. Don't let anybody tell you how to live your life or be someone your not. Have fun and enjoy it!
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    Don't be afraid to say no if your date/best friend/crush asks you to do something you aren't quite comfortable with. If it's something you decide later you didn't want, you can't go back and change it.

Read about anything that interests you. You may not be able to decide what major you want, college or uni to attend (or if), or know what career path to take but if you read, read, read, you can find out what you want and don't want and be better at making those choices when you need to.

Every once in a while be adventuresome. Try something new, go someplace different, get a taste of something you might have said "I don't think I'd like that". You may be surprised.

Start your GOOD habits now: eating breakfast everyday, exercising, making happy time for yourself once a day. Like bad habits, good habits can be learned. And the more good habits you have, the less time you have for the bad ones.
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    If I knew then what I know now DONT GET MARRIED SO YOUNG and Dont make in front of someone that is over weight.
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    Stand up for yourself and don't take crap from anyone.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    What are some things you wish you could have told your younger self?
    I'm 17 now, and really curious! :D

- Make sure he's not a closet case
    - It's not normal to be sick after every meal (should have talked to a doc way back then)
    - "Girls' Nights" are more important than "Date Nights"
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'd have told myself about the low carb diet back then. I didn't first learn about it until I was in my mid-20s.

I'd have reassured myself that the perfect man was waiting for me, but I wouldn't meet him until my late 20s. Just hang in there.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Condoms are cheaper than diapers.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    1. Boys lie.
    2. Your parents are your best allies.
    3. Take school seriously.
    4. BOYS. LIE.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Don't get charged with possesion with intent to sell as it makes your life a little more difficult down the road
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    That girl you're afraid to tell you like her cause you want to stay friends with and are afraid she'll be scared off by you wanting more, will in less than a year be hardly more than an acquaintance. Don't be afraid of what might be, live in the now.