LTL challenge RED GROUP! (closed group)

Options

Replies

• aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if everyone checks the points standings but....we are really close to taking first place this week!!

Keep up the great work!! I hope everyone got their wood chops in today.
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    UGH!!! I blew the sodium by a lousy 3 ... next time girls!
    I didn't even get my woodchops in :0(

BUT ... I did do 105 minutes of cardio, and ran about 2 miles!! So I hope that helps out!

ETA: I didn't blow my sodium ... I was looking at my plan and realized I didn't have the dressing with my salad!! Leaves me with 500+ to spare!!

So I did the sodium challenge! WooHoo!!
  • ohsointricate8
    ohsointricate8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Such a great week ladies! I'm so happy to have such a wonderful team!
    Happy exercise!
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    Jen just sent me a message and said that she wants us all to check out the LTL message board
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/302833-lots-to-lose-challenge-week-1?page=3#posts-4092381
    She wants our input about the points system!
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    ANND. here's week two! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/308959-lots-to-lose-challenge-week-2

the points system is a bit of a bummer but, oh well.
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    I did my P90 tonight, only 30 minutes though. I guess that would be 15 points. I was also under calorie goal and did 50 crunches, so that's another 15.

I'm hoping to get longer workouts in this weekend...this week has been hell. I'm a teacher and this was prep week for school. The kids start back Monday and I'm in no way ready for them! I still have a ton to do! Hopefully, I'll get a lot more done tomorrow, so my weekend isn't full of projects.

I'm not too bummed about the points, it's the only way to keep track that is most fair, 20 minutes is 20 minutes, no matter what you're doing. I guess it does stink for people who were doing a lot of long distance workouts. We just have to work harder as a team to get time in for exercise!
  • aleah623
    Options
    I was getting read to dust off my bike and hope I didn't get heat exhaustion to get more points for us.

Push ups should be fun today. My upper body still hurts from the Wii TBL workout I did. I'm very thankful that I"m out of work at 11:15 today.
  • kault
    kault Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have not done a push up in years. This is going to be rough.
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    Despite what we've been saying, this week has been really good for us as a team!
    Tomorrow I finally have a day off so I'm planning on doing a more intense workout.
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    We also need to decide on a "Rest" day for this week. Monday and wednesdays are hectic for me so either one of those would be my vote.
    What does everyone else think?
  • SDV219
    Options
    Whatever the group decides, I'm good with!
  • aleah623
    Options
    Wednesday would be better for me this week. I have a camper meeting so I know I won't be getting exercise in.
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Any day as a rest day works for me...I know I'm going to have a rough time getting workouts in anyway. Back to school week is always hellish. I'll do my best though.
  • SDV219
    Options
    Is anyone else's ab muscles sore?? Between the challenges here and Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, my belly is BURNING!! Hopefully burning some of that fat away!! LOL
    I ended up taking a short nap this afternoon, and when I woke up, my belly was hurting, but not in a sick way ... didn't know why, and then I realized it must have been the crunches!! Between the obliques and the reverse crunches, my abs got some workout today!! So yay for getting those belly muscles back into shape!! LOL
  • aleah623
    Options
    Mine are too. I think I might have been over doing it lately. I've been walking more and now we broke out the bikes. We got stuck in Green Bay tonight. A bad storm came through and we went to the one place we knew we could park in a ramp. I will send over my points for the day in the morning.
  • kault
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am back from camping again for a few days. I still do not know how to see the message boards from my phone.

I do not care what day of rest we have. I feel I have not been doing enough working out. I usually only do a half hour to an hour a day. Do you think I should be trying for more?
  • aleah623
    Options
    I can't get to anything from my mobile internet. I got really sick today and I'm not sure if it is carry over from yesterday. My points are way down from usual. I'm still not feeling the best. It started to get really hummid before it rained and I started to get sweaty and light headed. I'm trying to get alot of water down and take it easy. I got my calf raises done, and those I felt big time.

So here is a question for everyone...

What is a "new" food you discovered since you have been on a diet?

For me - Larabars and Popchips so far. Both are YUMMY! I have also found I like almond butter.
  • ohsointricate8
    Options
    yum Almond butter! I really like raw spinach!

Also, Jen made an update to the challenge so go to the thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/308959-lots-to-lose-challenge-week-2?page=2#posts-4126139

Another question..
    Is everyone okay with having Wednesdays be our rest day? I need to let jen know.
  • ginabina13
    Options
    Wednesday is great!

This week is probably going to be nutty, since it's back to school and I'm back to waking up at 5 am. I'm going to do my best to keep up with my regular workouts, but I know I'm going to be dragging this week since I can't seem to fall asleep before 11:30. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

I love raw spinach, always have though. I'm going to have to try almond butter, I've never had it before.
  • kault
    Options
    Wednesday works for me.

I just had popchips for the first time last week and the are yummy! But the thing I like most is fresh foods instead of boxed or canned. I have such a busy schedule that for years everything I ate was out of a box or can. Right now with the farmers markets I have been eating fresh fruits and veggies and forgot how much I love them.