focus on losing body fat mass only!!

Options
exercising with hiit for 10/10 /5 on a stairmaster with a weighted vest and highering the level of intensity to 12 is great for speeding up your metabolism for shedding your fat reserves all day. common mistake is to do to much and not changing it around. keep your body gessing and this will prevent your body from adapting and slowing down.. i am looking for the hardest workouts with hiit and would apprieate it if you can submit your best so that we can make a list of workouts that will shedd that body fat in a 35min to 45min session. submit your greatest hiit only. cool thanks for reading.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    insanity
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    swim sprints
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sprint 8 - which can be done with a rowing machine, treadmill, outside, etc.

Basically its a 20 minute session where you do a 2 minute warm up, go ALL OUT for 30 second bursts and then slow down for 90 seconds. Repeat 8 total "sets". Then, do a two minute cool down. Done.

The key like any HIIT is that you MUST REALLY go extremely hard for that 30 seconds. If you arent almost dead, you didnt do it right. Just 20 minutes 2-3 times a week with a solid diet will do ya wonders :smile:
  • michaelct
    michaelct Posts: 5 Member
    Options

aggelikik wrote: »
    If you can do a workout for 35-45 minutes, I seriously doubt this is HIIT.

Not for a consistant 35-45 minute session. this would be cardio otherwise. hiit training refers to training in short hard bursts of maxium effort then short periods of rest and then repeating.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Doing HIIT EVERYDAY (if it's being done correctly) is very taxing on the nervous system and can deter any weight loss. At most, it shouldn't be done more than 3 times a week.
    As for fat loss, it's more about diet than exercise. HIIT does raise RMR and one burns more fat at rest during the day (we're at rest more than exercising throughout the day) since it's the primary fuel source in that state.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    If you can do a workout for 35-45 minutes, I seriously doubt this is HIIT.
    HIIT can be done for that time period with rest. TABATA PROTOCOL I believe is what you're talking about.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    michaelct wrote: »
    that is bursts of 60 seconds on and 60 seconds rest for as long as you can for 30-45 minutes MAX, Im used to pushing my self now.

Zombie thread much?!