123 diet reviews?

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    I have been on this diet since September - so far 3 1/5 stone lighter. It basically follows the rules if you can't kill it or pick it then don't eat it.

So how does it differ from paleo then?

And I'm always entirely trusting of people whose first ever forum post is a glowing review of a fad diet on a paid website.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    I have been on this diet since September - so far 3 1/5 stone lighter. It basically follows the rules if you can't kill it or pick it then don't eat it.

So how does it differ from paleo then?

And I'm always entirely trusting of people whose first ever forum post is a glowing review of a fad diet on a paid website.
    And whose usernames reference said fad diet. :ohwell:
  • muppet1501
    muppet1501 Posts: 46 Member
    If you look at the food pyramid for the groups of food you should be having for a balanced diet, carbs are the biggest section and this is mainly for your energy levels to keep you going for the day and not feeling lethargic. I don't agree with low carb diets at all because like anything as long as you eat in moderation it does not have any effect of weight gain. Tacking your food and as long as you stay below your calories and move more you will see weight loss. These fad diets see you lose weight rapidly and once you go back to the norm you put it on and some. I have been a victim to these before so I know. MFP has been the best thing I have done because I don't have to deprive myself as long as im under my goals. This also stops you reaching out and having a binge.

People may agree or disagree but im just expressing my opinion.
  • Kegha
    Kegha Posts: 37 Member
    All diets are a list of dos and donts, they all offer advices. The approach is different but most of the time it is based on a calorie deficit.

The negative in all diets in general is the strict obligation to follow to the T the instruction, I speak for myself that I can do short term but for the long term it ends up being too much stuff to deal with. That being said I am not bashing any diets just that they are not for me.

You mentionned that you regained all the weight and I think it is the key to the problem and god knows I have done it also. I realise that my gaining back the weight was not caused by the diet itself but because I went back to my old habits of over eating. No starvation monster was lurking in the corner. While dieting meaning staying within a calorie number I was loosing then instead of keeping the same amont and increasing it just a little and see how my body reacted I went into a victory mode of yesssss I can eat now.

If you feel that the 123 is right for you try it, you can always adjust to your specific needs.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    score! I can kill me some chocolate :bigsmile:
  • tans1985
    tans1985 Posts: 1 Member
    The Terri-Ann 123 plan is the best out there. I have MS and other medical problems, I have tried all kinds of diets since gaining over 7 stone in 3 years being on steroids etc even 1200 calorie counting being monitored by the docs in hospital and never list a thing anyway I come across the plan and had it checked by my consultants before I went ahead with buying the book, and they were all more than happy for me to go ahead, I started in may 2013 and by Jan thus year had list just under 5 stone to which I was monitored all the way through. Infact the nurses I used to see actually joined the plan to and have done very well, ive not been on the plan since Feb as was happy with how I had done and I have maintained my loss since. The company is genuine all real foods and not a con as some may say. All the support you get for a one off payments is second to none you have nothing to lose but weight.

No one claims to be a know it all nutritionist the admin are just there to help with the plan and always say seek medical help if you have any concerns... so over all in my eyes its the best plan out there :) xx
  • I was on this diet for about 3 months and yeah, it had good results. However, I ended up having to go to the doctors because of how ill it made me, and they told me I was bordering on scurvy!! It's so not worth the health risks, and everyone in the fb group are no brained idiots who all think they are dietitians.

The 123 diet is not made up. if i read romeo and Juliet and then i re-write it on A4 and sell it does that mean i have written it or have i stolen a talented writers work ?
    You will find terri ann lost all her weight on the dukan diet . This is common knowledge as months of boasting was done on facebook prior 123 . Terri ann condensed the book into an easy read booklet and sold it . The first book was a mirror image of dukan however now slight changes have been made because not 1 person within the company or on the team are trained dieticians , catering background nothing. A lot of people have become very ill and its based around people making hundreds of thousands of pounds selling a diet that they know nothing about.
  • sputnik5000
    sputnik5000 Posts: 1 Member
    I would avoid this. Someone I know I got this and put on weight and said that although they have a "support group" unless you agree with the crowd it was like the wolves had been let out to attack you. They said the layout was very poor in the books, like instead of having one recipe a page with pictures to show how it should turn out, 6 or 8 recipes are condensed onto one copybook sized page. It was confusing and difficult to understand without help. Also where they say no further fees my friend said that some of the recipes include special shakes you had to buy from the website. His shopping bill was really expensive as well because it was mostly meat based. When my friend posted about putting on weight they were removed from the support group.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    2 year necro thread
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,789 Member
    Zombie bump
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    edited December 2017
    Oooh, a rare twice resurrected zombie thread!!
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sorry, everyone on MFP is on the 1-4-9 diet, 'cause we're so advanced here that if you bring us a circle we give you a square!

In other news I hear that eating appropriate amounts of mostly nutritious food with as much happy stuff as your goals will allow for makes for happy boys and girls who get to hit their targets without becoming miserable, or sick!

Pfft, that's just silly. It will never catch on, @PAV8888.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Yeah, losing weight eating what you want and being happy is sooo boring!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited December 2017
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Sorry, everyone on MFP is on the 1-4-9 diet, 'cause we're so advanced here that if you bring us a circle we give you a square!

In other news I hear that eating appropriate amounts of mostly nutritious food with as much happy stuff as your goals will allow for makes for happy boys and girls who get to hit their targets without becoming miserable, or sick!

I know, sort of sad too because I've known a couple of people who have actually had a bit of success with this newfangled calorie counting thing by keeping to their targets more or less while eating nutritious food most of the time and occasionally some more fun stuff. Heck, some silly *kittens*, such as myself, maybe even OVER-do the "fun" stuff part. But hey, a reasonable caloric deficit (say something like 20%) applied over a long enough period of time and WOWSERS! You wouldn't believe how much of a difference a deficit like that, consistently applied, can make a year or two later!

But, ya know, the 123 thing? it takes what @Nony_Mouse , something like 21 or 24 days or something, and you lose tons of weight!

I mean who would want to keep losing weight over a period of a year or more while building up good long term habits when they could just lose it all and be done in a month!

I mean most of the 123 people will already be done regaining everything back a month or two after their program ends, well before the slow poke habit forming people with a 20% deficit are even done losing their first 10 lbs!

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

I know, sort of sad too because I've known a couple of people who have actually had a bit of success with this newfangled calorie counting thing by keeping to their targets more or less while eating nutritious food most of the time and occasionally some more fun stuff. Heck, some silly buggers, such as myself, maybe even OVER-do the "fun" stuff part. But hey, a reasonable caloric deficit (say something like 20%) applied over a long enough period of time.... wowser... you wouldn't believe how much of a difference it can make a year or two later!

But, ya know, the 123 thing? it takes what @Nony_Mouse , something like 21 or 24 days or similar, and you lose tons!

I mean who would want to keep losing weight over a period of a year or so while building good long term habits when they could just lose it all and be done in a month!

I mean most of the 123 people will already be done regaining everything back a month or two after their program ends, well before the slow poke habit forming people with a 20% deficit are even done losing their first 10 lbs!

As you know, @PAV8888, I reckon my new, soon to be patented (or is it trademarked) Eczema Diet could give the 123 a run for it's money. You get to eat ALL the fuds AND lose weight. Granted, you need to be made of tougher stuff than me to really see it through to its full potential and gain the most benefit weight loss wise. And I have still yet to work out how to induce eczema in someone with a normally functioning immune system and skin barrier, but surely someone has studied that in mice and I can just transfer it to humans. Because mice studies are fully applicable to people.