Power 90 Group

Options
Alright guys I am starting Power 90 on Monday I was wondering if anyone else is going to do it with me :) I am super excited but I don't have a lot of time to be on the computer but I get all my emails to my phone if someone wants to buddy up and keep each other going.

I would like to do the 6 day diet and then fat burning dvd. After that Start the Phase 1 and 2 part. I have taken all my measurements and pictures so I am pumped!

Anyone with me?

Replies

• fitzerin
    fitzerin Posts: 31
    Options
    6 day diet and then fat burning dvd.

I got my Power 90 from friend so all I have is the workouts. What is the 6 day diet?
  • melmixoxo
    Options
    I started Powe90 this morning! It went great :)
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ill join in this. This will be my second cycle in a row. Then its on to P90X :)
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done my second week of P90 and have been loving it so far. The workouts are pretty intense for me but I always feel much better afterward.

There's an ongoing thread on the fitness & exercise section for P90 support.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/261358-looking-for-other-p90-support

Stay motivated and keep pushing play!
  • layasemin
    Options
    i'm in :) did my first sweat 1-2 this morning. went well, but i hope it'll get better...
  • emchen
    emchen Posts: 48
    Options
    I just started today by doing the Cardio 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200.
  • layasemin
    Options
    today was the 5th day. i did sculpt 1-2 first thing in the morning. i love "sculpt" routine. "sweat" routine is ok too. but i hate power yoga, i can't do the "swing your leg back to front thing". i hope i manage it with time. i've lost 4 lbs so far.
    how are you doing?
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much skipped power yoga a ton on my first cycle. Gonna try to do it more this time around. Sometimes during the power yoga, I will do different kinds of planks instead of the yoga to try and work on my core.
  • nekoemi
    Options
    I'm in my third week, and I'm liking the Sweat days more and more each time. I always get a really good workout. The first couple times I could barely do Power Yoga at all, but the last time I was able to keep up and do everything and it felt great.. So just keep at it and it will get better.

The Jumping Jacks and the Cross Hops are still really tough for me and I haven't been able to finish them all without switching to something with less jumping for a little bit to give my legs a break (especially the second time through).

I've noticed the most improvement with the Ab Ripper. I am able to finish them all (except the Bicycles) at my own pace, when I could barely do anything past the standard crunches on the first day.
  • layasemin
    Options
    i'm proud of myself: yesterday i worked till late (like 2:00 AM), went to bed 2:30 AM. and this morning i managed to get up at 7 o'clock and done sweat 1-2. i was barely able to open my eyes at the beginning but after the workout i felt great! and i got my reward: lost another 2 lbs :D hurray!!
  • andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Power 90 08/25/11.
  • layasemin
    Options
    Hello all!
    How are you doing? This is my 12th day of P90. Sweat 1-2 tomorrow, and first to weeks will be over. I didn't missed a day so far. I love sculpt routine, but sweat is still kicking my butt. I use 2kg dumbells with sculpt. I still hate power yoga, but keep doing it. I hope it'll get better in time. Every morning I get up at 6:00 o'clock and workout. But at that hour of morning, with a sleepy head, all these jumping jacks, running lunges, etc give me trouble. I wonder if I could do my workouts after work, would be better, would be more energetic?
    I use whey protein with low fat milk in 30 minutes after the workout. and take a multi vitamin everyday. watch my diet, making healthy choises. 4 kg weight loss till now. so far so good :)
    This thread looks so calm, lets have some action here.... waiting for your posts :)
    Have a great friday!
  • nekoemi
    Options
    Awesome job!

I just started my fourth week today. I generally workout pretty late at night, but tonight I lost track of time and almost missed doing my sculpt workout. I made myself do it even though it was really late because I would have felt horrible the rest of the week if I let myself miss a day.

The Sweat 1-2 still kicks my butt as well (especially the jumping parts), but I'm actually liking Power Yoga more and more and it really gets my heart rate going for the rest of the workout. I've made a ton of improvement in the Ab Ripper and can now finish all 100 reps at the same pace as the video (whereas originally I couldn't even finish anything beyond the 3 sets of basic crunches).

I'm anxious to see my 30 day progress next week and can't wait to finish all 90 days.

Keep at it everyone and keep pushing play!
  • layasemin
    Options
    Hi desj16,
    Great to hear from you!

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one huffing and puffing during the jumping parts of sweat 1-2 :)
    I'm ok with AbRipper, doing all 100 reps (not easily but can complete them). Can't wait to see some change in my body after 4 weeks of P90. I'll post the before-after pictures...

When do you think to switch to 3-4? After 4 weeks or 6?
  • nekoemi
    Options
    I think I will probably do the switch after 6 weeks.

I started out with a very low fitness level and completely out of shape, so even 3+ weeks in I'm still getting a good workout with the 1-2 videos. I've moved up to the next color resistance band for most of my sculpt exercises (two for the back exercises), but the push-ups and dips are still really tough for me. I have been using the P90X Power Stands for push-ups to lessen the stress on my wrists, but that also makes them harder to do. Right now I can usually only do a handful of normal push-ups using the stands and then use my knees for the rest.

Hopefully in another 3 weeks I will have built up enough strength to where I will be able to start the 3-4 videos and do some of the harder push-ups with some normal ones thrown in if I can't do them all.
  • harric01
    harric01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am on day 75 of Power 90, I love this program!! So far I have lost a total of 16 lbs and 19 inches. I switched from 1-2 to 3-4 on day 30. When I switched I felt like I was about to die doing Sweat 3-4, but I have made it through! I have now purchased the Power 90 Master Series that I'll start after day 90. The MS is about like P90X, but it doesn't involve chin-ups and not as long of workouts, none are more than 1 hour.
  • layasemin
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Today is my rest day. I've completed 2 weeks already, YAY!, 11 to go :)

I get up at 6:00 everymorning and workout before go to work. But yesterday I was at home and did sweat 1-2 in the afternoon. And made a great difference! I wasn't sleepy as I was before, my muscles were more flexible, I was more energetic and could give myself 100%. So this week I'll try to workout in the evenings after the work. Still, I'm not sure if is this a good plan... We'll see...

Desj16-Totally agree with you, I'll continue this program for 6 weeks, then switch to 3-4. Mainly I'm scared of sweat 3-4, and want to keep the joy of experiencing 5-6 to the master series :)

Harric01-Day 75! Congratulations! Can't wait to complete the program, day 75 definitely seems too far for me.

I've lost 4 kg in first week, but on second week nothing. Maybe I should add some cardio to my schedule... I want to try C25K. I always hated running, because I can't run! C25K seems a good program to start running...

This will be a busy week :) Have a great sunday everybody!
  • nekoemi
    Options
    Nice job harric and laya!

My situation was similar during the first two weeks. I lost about 6-7 lbs the first week (I think my body was surprised that I was actually exercising it), but after my body caught up and got used to the new routine I didn't lose anything the second week. The third week I lost another 2-3 lbs. I thought about adding in some more cardio such as C25K on sculpt days, but I don't think my knees are ready for running yet (I might use my stationary bike every now and then).

Your body might just be adjusting to the new routine, so just keep at it and the results will continue. Even if you don't see the same kind of decrease on the scale, make sure you keep measuring yourself, because that's where the real results are.
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    Ordered my Power 90 the other day...its on the way. I waas hoping to have it by monday...but it looks like I will have to start whenever it gets here.
  • andyloosbrock
    andyloosbrock Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm on Day 24, I think, of Power 90 and loving it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!