Increasing calorie goal

Options
I'm thinking of increasing my 1200 cals a day a little bit since I'm usually going over & I'm still losing weight. What do others recommend? I've noticed a few people say 1500 is an okay goal.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    is that with your deficit set at 1lb a week? you could change it to half a lb, that'll give u more cals?
    the first time i did that when i neared my goal weight i lost 2lbs!
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    I up'ed mine to about 1300-1500 as I was hungry ALL the time on 1200. I am not hungry anymore and as a result, I don't pig out on crap.

Works for me.
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    you could just have MFP do the math for you. Everyone is different based on exercise levels, height, current weight, and goals.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I upped mine but only because I am nearing my goal.. I'm at 1670 right now but I'm also 5'9. You could try upping your activity level.. thats what I did and it cured my hunger for a while until I had to increase again.
  • cmstafford
    cmstafford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you could just have MFP do the math for you. Everyone is different based on exercise levels, height, current weight, and goals.

Thank you! I didn't realise MFP could do that, but I've just found that function & it recommended I go up to 1450 cals. Fantastic! Won't be so hungry all the time now.
  • cmstafford
    cmstafford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I upped mine but only because I am nearing my goal.. I'm at 1670 right now but I'm also 5'9. You could try upping your activity level.. thats what I did and it cured my hunger for a while until I had to increase again.
    I am even taller than you but I don't exercise so I won't go higher than about 1400
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    what are your numbers? I.E. height, weight, activity level, exercise routine, current weekly goal, body fat % if you have it, any medical conditions.