easy over eggs

barrymccolman
barrymccolman Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Setting up my diary ..was listing over easy eggs for breakfast. I'm not understanding why they are listing 1 over easy egg with 6g carbohydrates...where are all the carbs coming from in this egg...usually and egg is only 0.5g-1g carbs. Even when its indicated on the carton itself

Also listed 1 can of clover leaf boneless and skinless sardines...to my surprise it shows 0 fat and 0 protein...not too sure what's up with that deal ..there is 22g protein and 8g fat per can

Replies

• edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Someone else can chime in on your egg question, I’m sure. As far as canned sardines are concerned, I use the barcode reader for anything packaged. Works wonders!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    I would simply use what you have on the label that you have since they have had it tested for their product. takes some time, but once you enter it then it is in your frequent foods and your database of foods you enter.
  • barrymccolman
    barrymccolman Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks everyone ...very helpful...For jemhhi thanks for your input, I do understand that over easy is not a food LOL! ...which is not what I making my point for ...my point is.. that type of cooked egg had erroneous nutritional information...and I was just searching to see if this is a common mistake on the listings...since most of the other types of cooked eggs ..or prepared egg, carries the correct nutritional value in the list. It also has nothing to do with the final state of the egg or how i cooked it and with or without anything else ...only the egg itself ...but it's listed as over easy so i used it, cause that's how i cooked it. LOl!! ...maybe all eggs should be listed as just "egg" thanks for replying everyone. This is a very cool place.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Thanks everyone ...very helpful...For jemhhi thanks for your input, I do understand that over easy is not a food LOL! ...which is not what I making my point for ...my point is.. that type of cooked egg had erroneous nutritional information...and I was just searching to see if this is a common mistake on the listings...since most of the other types of cooked eggs ..or prepared egg, carries the correct nutritional value in the list. It also has nothing to do with the final state of the egg or how i cooked it and with or without anything else ...only the egg itself ...but it's listed as over easy so i used it, cause that's how i cooked it. LOl!! ...maybe all eggs should be listed as just "egg" thanks for replying everyone. This is a very cool place.

Welcome to MFP, where the entries are made up and the macros don't matter

This thread will help you with how to find correct entries: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10621050/how-to-use-the-usda-food-database-mfp-food-database-for-accurate-logging
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

This thread will help you with how to find correct entries: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10621050/how-to-use-the-usda-food-database-mfp-food-database-for-accurate-logging

Whose MFP is it anyway?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

Whose MFP is it anyway?

Mine...