Where are my metal heads?

Options
13»

Replies

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    I'm laughing here...... only 2.5hrs away......hell. I only wish I didn't have at least a 5hr trek to any place to see a decent band.

I would literally have to relocate. I've tried living somewhere once that was far away from music and that didn't last but like 3 months.

I have so many anchors here and none of them bad because it's family and work but at least I guess I get to travel and enjoy that at times.
  • doubleap77
    doubleap77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My personal music chronology starts in the Numetal of the late nineties/early aughts. From there, my foundation was Rammstein, who are still one of my all time favorites, and they STILL put on a hell of a show.

From there, I expanded into mostly melodeath: Children of Bodom, Norther, Kalmah, Disarmonia Mundi... I enjoy a lot of the bands that have already been mentioned as well: Ministry, Sabaton, Amon Amarth, essentially a scatter shot of metal bands spanning Europe.

I don’t know exactly what it is, but I have never been blown away by much American heavy metal...

Bonus: 70,000 Tons of Metal is my dream cruise. Maybe someday...
  • glammooreghoul
    glammooreghoul Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Azurite27 wrote: »
    Best ever? Maybe Motograter back in 2003 with Kittie. Although Goatwhore was amazing when I saw them this year. Arch Enemy and Trivium put on a great show too. Drove from Alabama to Atlanta just to see them.

I've never seen Kittie. I would still go see them if they came here. I was so sad about missing that show show in Atlanta. They keep having some pretty gnarly shows lately. I miss Gwar and Cannibal Corpse too.
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    Hi.

Helloooo!!
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Ronnie James and Led Z. They define the genre and wield the POWER like no others.

I'm jealous.
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    doubleap77 wrote: »
    My personal music chronology starts in the Numetal of the late nineties/early aughts. From there, my foundation was Rammstein, who are still one of my all time favorites, and they STILL put on a hell of a show.

From there, I expanded into mostly melodeath: Children of Bodom, Norther, Kalmah, Disarmonia Mundi... I enjoy a lot of the bands that have already been mentioned as well: Ministry, Sabaton, Amon Amarth, essentially a scatter shot of metal bands spanning Europe.

I don’t know exactly what it is, but I have never been blown away by much American heavy metal...

Bonus: 70,000 Tons of Metal is my dream cruise. Maybe someday...

I can understand about metal from the states. A lot of metal bands that I listen to do not originate from here. Rammstein is amazing and I wish I could see them live. I would travel across the damn country for them. My husband is huge fan of theirs.

Also, that cruise would be amazing. So would Hellfest. The US never gets the good stuff. We never have the nice things. We get crap like Carolina Rebellion around here.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Ac/DC maybe 1982 back in black tour
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've been listening to a lot of black metal and doomy stuff lately. Gorgoroth, Belphegor, Watain, Behemoth along with Insomnium, and one of my all time favorites Swallow the Sun.

I took a ride on the way back machine last week when I came across some old Anacrusis. That band was way ahead of their time. Underrated and underappreciated.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Unless I can’t be bothered making the trip, I should be seeing arch enemy tonight.

Kind of tired, someone even commented on my my eyes looking tired.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I met Devin Townsend once in the late nineties after a gig.

He was tired. My friend gave him her Mr.Happy watch. He put it on.

He hugged us both and blew our little teenaged minds then the whole band signed my Strapping Young Lad poster in gold pen.

A few months later someone stole the poster.

I only really listen to metal when I’m in a certain mood these days.

(cool story bro haha that’s all there is)

• MarkSBarber
    MarkSBarber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Obituary, Bile, Slayer, Pantera
    The best show I saw but isn't metal was Chris Cornell unplugged
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Unless I can’t be bothered making the trip, I should be seeing arch enemy tonight.

Kind of tired, someone even commented on my my eyes looking tired.

I really got to stop buying tickets to these shows/concerts.

I don’t live in the city so it’s like a 2hour trip there and back again. Maybe if I was going with other people it would be a different story.

I am thinking I’m going to give it a pass, I am tired and might actually fall asleep behind the wheel on the way back.

Waste of money but no point wasting more time and money now.
  • glammooreghoul
    Options
    Judas priest will be here in September and I feel like I might jump out of my skin right now. They are the most bad *kitten* live!