123 diet reviews?

Options
13»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Nony_Mouse having a 21 hour distant view on how much eczema it takes to develop a 500 Cal deficit I am not 100% sure that the 123 diet would not be easier on its victims' practitioners' bodies.

However, hey, if the 123 chick can make money on her diet... you could use a new dress or two after losing weight due to eczema while eating at maintenance... I'm in for you selling you "Nony's Patented Eczema diet" (TM)!

What's "a bit" of red skin and a few steroid prescriptions between friends!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    @PAV8888 1200 cal deficit initially during active rash generation. The 500 cal deficit came once I was on pred. So if you only want a 500 cal deficit, you get to eat even MORE. But of course people will go for the maximum rate possible, that's only sensible, right?

I'm not sure I should be encouraged to do any more retail therapy...though if hapless fools eager participants are willing to endure a rash over a substantial part of their body in the name of weight loss and give me money for the pleasure, who am I to argue?
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Well, to return us all to our regular programming, I would say that the overwhelming majority of respondents tonight are NOT pro either the 123 OR the eczema diet!

Not because neither of them can generate huge deficits AND ensure rapid weight loss; but, because, well, let's just say that the way they go about generating deficits and the size of the deficits they generate are un-sustainable long term and have "side effects".

Reading through the threads linked to in the following post may help people make better diet(ing) decisions:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Sorry, everyone on MFP is on the 1-4-9 diet, 'cause we're so advanced here that if you bring us a circle we give you a square!

In other news I hear that eating appropriate amounts of mostly nutritious food with as much happy stuff as your goals will allow for makes for happy boys and girls who get to hit their targets without becoming miserable, or sick!

Nah, sounds too good to be true
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. :/ They are all different methods of calorie counting.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. :/ They are all different methods of calorie counting.

Calorie counting? Is that Bad? Good? A neutral tool?

Just not sure I get what you're saying!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    All these first post newbs showing up to tout how well it works.....
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The 123 diet looks to be like any other diet, demanding discipline and dedication. You will see results with it. The question you should ask yourself is if you can see yourself eating that way the rest of your life. Someone who loves carbs will probably fail on a low, lower carb diet. It's just not sustainable and you will grow to hate eating, food, your body, yourself and life in general! (I lost a lot of weight on low carb but I love carbs So...) I myself do IF. It works best for me. I have a 4 hour eating window daily and I eat all my allotted calories during that time. Which means, I want sweets, carbs or alcohol, I have it. I've lost 100lbs this past year. Think about yourself, who you are, what you can and can't live with, be honest and then find what works for you. Good luck
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have been on the 123 diet for just under and week and cannot believe my results already 3.5 kgs lost and feeling great. Who else is getting these kind of results can wait to see my end result.
    I brought them from *snip* <3

Genuine curiosity, are you a spambot, or a real person schilling?

• MoonlitDarling
    MoonlitDarling Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just want to add a belated comment to this for anyone still looking at this diet... while this diet also worked for me.. I also ended up very sick to the point I was going to seriously faint one day while out shopping.. Yes .. Its a quick fix.. no the food is not great.. you do end up hungry.. I think the people in the Nazi camps ate better to be honest.. and if you have any genuine concerns about the diet.. your comments seem to magically disappear all over the internet.. so they monitor negative comments well (thats why you will rarely see anyone with genuine questions about this product)... Lets see how long this one stays up.. But yes.. if your looking for a lazy quick fix and don't mind starving... go for it.. Of course eating 500 calories a day would work on anyone... especially using only water based foods and 200gm protein per day... HOWEVER... this still has to be a healthier option to anyone rather than being overweight..