I am no longer obese

Options
batorkin
batorkin Posts: 281 Member
edited December 2017 in Success Stories
Started at 252 with a BMI 33.2 (Obese), and I am down 28 pounds making me 224 with a BMI of 29.6 (Overweight).

It feels really good, though I still don't notice much difference in the mirror and I still haven't gotten any "have you lost weight?" comments. I got another 44 pounds to go to reach my first goal of 180 and I am hoping these will make a much bigger difference to my appearance.

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!

At first people didn't notice the first thirty pounds of my weight loss, then I bought some new clothes and suddenly everyone noticed.
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For people that see you every day, it will take a while until they noticed you have lost weight. This is because they see you slimming down! They will not realize it until you have lost even more. It took my husband the longest time to realize "Hey, my wife shrunk".

For people that rarely see you, they will notice right away!!

Congratulations on your success and keep working hard!
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You are awesome!

At first people didn't notice the first thirty pounds of my weight loss, then I bought some new clothes and suddenly everyone noticed.

Thanks, I recently did that. I went from 38" pants to 34" pants, and XXL to XL shirts. I tried a L shirt the other day, but it was super tight and uncomfortable, haha.

I am 6'1" so my fat is spread out much more, and I think it makes it harder for other people (and myself) to notice. I'd imagine the next 10-20 pounds will be a lot more noticeable, as my gut is finally starting to shrink. So far most of the loss has been on my legs/thighs.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    @tyrindor Congratulations on your progress.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. WIth a 28 lb loss, I guarantee you that your body has changed. It's your perception in the mirror that's lacking. Are you taking progress pics? Those are more objective and easier to see changes. If you didn't take a "before" pic, try to find one and start taking progress pics today. I took every 3 months, but lots of people do monthly.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Use a soft tape measure and find out what your waist, chest, hips and thigh measurements are. Keep doing that every month or so. You'll see results there.
  • djsoos
    djsoos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I can't wait until I can say that. You know you are progressing and the rest will re-instate that when it comes. Be proud of your known accomplishment!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!