Weight Watchers?

Options
Hey guys, I'm thinking of joining weight watchers. Can you tell me your likes/dislikes, tips and tricks? Bonus points if you share pics of your success. Thanks guys ❤

Replies

• jlouber
    jlouber Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I joined purely for the weekly weigh-in accountability when I saw a 12 promotion they were having (I'm about 6 weeks in). I did give their program a chance for a couple week and did lose weight. But calorie counting offers more flexibility. So I switched back to that, but still go for the weigh-in/meeting (because the meetings are good too if you ignore the plan-related stuff).

But, I just found out TOPS is a thing. So I'll be looking into that as it's the weigh-in/meeting aspect of WW, but with flexibility to chose your own way of eating.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I switched to MFP after obtaining WW lifetime status in 2010, I would rather log calories than points and MFP IS FREE! I gained from a new job and marriage! lol I am working to get this 30 pounds off now :) I would not ever join and pay WW again,I felt the meetings and weighing in were not that beneficial to me :)
  • xkime
    xkime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have decided to follow the calorie counting lifestyle, but am going to WW for the weekly weigh in. I need accountability.
  • sgriska
    sgriska Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I consistently gain weight on WW. The calorie counts are just way too high for my metabolism. I'm much better off doing it on my own. Besides which, I kinda resent people making money off something I can do myself for free.
  • Anemic_Oak
    Anemic_Oak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Do you know any diabetics having success with the new freestyle program?
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    Anemic_Oak wrote: »
    Do you know any diabetics having success with the new freestyle program?

Given the emphasis on lean protein and fruits and vegetables, and avoidance of simple carbs, it should be good for diabetics.

• ramrutd
    ramrutd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cancelled my subscription with WW just yesterday. I lost 31lbs on the programme but then have stayed the same weight for the past few months. Finally thought that I'm paying WW for no reason and I found their Connect site for member's a bit 'cliquey.' My hubby wanted to count calories and I encouraged him to join MFP & I decided to join him. Really looking forward to using MFP.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    While I liked WW when I did it in the 90s, I don't see the point now that there are free resources like MFP, unless the accountability of a public weighin is extremely motivating.
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have done WW in the past, but I much prefer being here on MFP. There's much more freedom, it's free, and there is tons of support/info here. I did lose some on WW, but I have been much more successful logging in everyday here on MFP.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    9muz0asutnmy.png
    mwbsyvluz1h4.jpeg
    I went on WW several times in my lifetime. I’m 69 yo. I would lose weight but gained it back when I stopped following the Program.
    In 2013 at age 65 and weighing 376 I joined WW again in lieu of WLS. In the past five years following WW programs I have lost 187# (WL by year:60, 32, 16, 38, and 42). They change the program based on research, this year they are allowing us to eat more Zero Point foods (healthy choices like chicken, turkey. eggs, tofu)

IMHO The WW program provides me a structured plan I can easily follow. The App logs my intake and exercise and has a friendly social media site for members only (WW Connect). The weekly meeting and weigh in gives me the accountability and paying a monthly fee until I’m at my goal weight is worth it because of the benefits I have accrued.
    I’m Off all prescription drugs for my T2D, and cholesterol, my Dr has reduced my BP meds.

Nice job!
  • taylormclean21
    taylormclean21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve done Weight Watchers a few times and I lost weight every time. It’s a very well-thought out program that works, but I always stop going because I get tired of paying the dues every month. The meetings are a great motivator and support system, if that is something you particularly need. If you’re just going to buy the online program to get the e-tools, just stick to My Fitness Pal and save the money. The meetings is the only thing worth the extra money from my personal experience.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    I’ve done Weight Watchers a few times and I lost weight every time. It’s a very well-thought out program that works, but I always stop going because I get tired of paying the dues every month. The meetings are a great motivator and support system, if that is something you particularly need. If you’re just going to buy the online program to get the e-tools, just stick to My Fitness Pal and save the money. The meetings is the only thing worth the extra money from my personal experience.

Well you don’t pay if you reach your GW. Just saying.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    xkime wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of joining weight watchers. Can you tell me your likes/dislikes, tips and tricks? Bonus points if you share pics of your success. Thanks guys ❤
    Stay here and save your money to buy yourself something nice on reaching goal.