intermittent Fasting (Help) I think I'm doing it wrong..

Options
2»

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Type your stats into MFP and set to lose 1# a week. Do exactly as it says and log your food. Eat during a “window” if you wish, but stay within your calories. That’s how it works.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    if you want to know more about IF the go to place is

leangains.com
  • omgshefluffy
    omgshefluffy Posts: 11 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Again, there is nothing wrong with lasagna. It's a matter of logging it in your Food diary and accounting for the calories, is all. I have pasta a couple times a week. I have bread every day, and potatoes or rice a few times a week, too. I've maintained my weight-loss for a decade and spend $5 a day on food. The good thing about grains and potatoes (and pulses) is that they are energy intense and inexpensive. Eat the food you like that you can afford and log it. That's it. Peanut butter sandwich? It's fine. Mac and cheese? Go for it. Add some frozen vegetables and a little chicken and it's still less than $2 per serving.
    been reading articles on kept saying those things were bad for you. So I just stopped eating them. I can't really eat bread anymore anyways. For my pouch it is heavy on it so I cut it out.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I love IF or whatever we need to call it to not get on people’s nerves. I start eating around 2pm and stop around 9pm. No magic, nothing special about doing it except it makes it easier for me to not eat more calories than I need. Plus I really like a rather large supper and an evening snack. Not sustainable for me is never getting to eat chocolate before bed. I have always pretty naturally eaten like this though unless there is a special occasion that involves breakfast in the morning. If it works for you great! But everyone is right you will have to count your calories anyway.
  • omgshefluffy
    omgshefluffy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love IF or whatever we need to call it to not get on people’s nerves. I start eating around 2pm and stop around 9pm. No magic nothing special about doing it except it makes it easier for me to no eat more caloro a than I need. Plus I really like a rather large supper and an evening snack. Not sustainable for me is never getting to eat chocolate before bed. I have always pretty naturally eaten like this though unless there is a special occasion that involves breakfast in the morning. If it works for you great! But everyone is right you will have to count your calories anyway.

Yeah, I think that's the best. Pretty much have been eating blind folded. XD
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Also is it normal for your stomach to not growl? my stomach has literally not growled in 5 days. XD I feel like when it growls I can say " Oh, your hungry? okay let's eat " for the last 5 days I've been like " Hello?...anyone there? I have food in front of me. Can you make some sort of noise? "

stomach growling isnt always a sign of hunger. https://www.healthline.com/health/abdominal-sounds#other-symptoms. if you arent having any issues I wouldnt worry about it. if you arent hearing anything I also wouldnt worry about it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    How many calories are you consuming? Intermittent fasting or no, if you don't have a calorie deficit, you won't lose weight.

T___T I honestly have not been tracking. I kinda thought if I didn't eat a lot then I'd be good with not tracking. ^___^;;

Try tracking for a while (including using a food scale, if you can). Personally, I'm still weighing and tracking four years into maintenance, but lots of people are able to stop tracking after they've done it for a while and have a good sense of portion sizes that fit within their calorie goals, and others can go for months without tracking and then just come back to tracking for a few weeks when the scales show their weight is creeping back up.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    yeah as others say track calories, But eating healthy doesnt need to be crazy expensive. I just shopped for my week and only spent 20$ and that included shampoo i needed. Alot of potatoes and frozen veg for me nice plain week to prepare for christmas lol. Eating healthy doesnt need to be complicated and expensive. Just saying. This is cheaper by far thn any other way i could be eating
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Basically, you're just skipping breakfast. You won't lose weight by skipping breakfast if you eat more for dinner and supper.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You are eating too many calories or are having some temporary water gain. You can control the calories by counting or you can do portion control and not count and see if it results in losses. You can shorten your eating window also to see if it helps keep the calories in check.

I know someone I work with that lost a lot of weight by doing the 16:8 schedule by eating a small lunch (400-600 cal), afternoon snack (200cals), small dinner, evening snack. He droped 70-lbs doing this. Good luck.