To Facebook Friend a crush or not...

Options
So I have a huge crush on this guy at work- I only see him intermittently, but have been seeing him more often as of late. The other day we were joking around about him having to come to work early, and he asked since he was going to be in early if I wanted a coffee- of course I said yes, and gave him my "order" & said I'd make muffins too. Well I figured he'd just forget and that would be the end of it. It turns out he did not forget and and actually brought it in! I know it's something small, and I shouldn't read into it too much. I found him on facebook, and I just want to know if it's weird if I friend him?? Any suggestions? Everything is appreciated!

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    No,not weird. You know him from work and are friendly with him so I'd say that's OK.
  • beedo30
    beedo30 Posts: 186
    Options
    No,not weird. You know him from work and are friendly with him so I'd say that's OK.
    Agreed ^^^^^^
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Oh definitely! Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I don't think it would be weird at all... I think it would help break the ice and maybe help you get to know him better.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Yes!!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    It would only be weird if you never ever talked to him before in real life :P
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be weird at all... I think it would help break the ice and maybe help you get to know him better.

^^^that, and vice versa, too.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    go for it! :)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's weird because you work with him.

I *ALMOST* friend requested a resident that was working on one of the units I had a clinical rotation on. *Drools* The man made my heart thump, big time.

But considering he and I barely exchanged words and I had to look his last name up on the hospital's website in order to find him... I decided I was committing an act of creeperism, and didn't go through with it.

Now that I've confessed this and I'm rethinking it over: Thank goodness I didn't go through with it! Wtf was wrong with me?? lol
  • liftingbro
    Options

I *ALMOST* friend requested a resident that was working on one of the units I had a clinical rotation on. *Drools* The man made my heart thump, big time.

But considering he and I barely exchanged words and I had to look his last name up on the hospital's website in order to find him... I decided I was committing an act of creeperism, and didn't go through with it.

Now that I've confessed this and I'm rethinking it over: Thank goodness I didn't go through with it! Wtf was wrong with me?? lol

Not to mention it's questionable according to HIPPA.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

To friend a fellow employee?

Edited to Add: HIPAA states healthcare employees cannot "friend" patients. There's nothing against "friend-ing" a fellow employee, doctor/resident or not.
  • liftingbro
    Options

To friend a fellow employee?

Sorry, misread the post, i thought you meant a patient which would have been pretty creepy.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    So I have a huge crush on this guy at work- I only see him intermittently, but have been seeing him more often as of late. The other day we were joking around about him having to come to work early, and he asked since he was going to be in early if I wanted a coffee- of course I said yes, and gave him my "order" & said I'd make muffins too. Well I figured he'd just forget and that would be the end of it. It turns out he did not forget and and actually brought it in! I know it's something small, and I shouldn't read into it too much. I found him on facebook, and I just want to know if it's weird if I friend him?? Any suggestions? Everything is appreciated!

def. go for it guys do not make it a point to remember your coffee order or w/e else you tell them the next day if they dont at min. want to be your friend on facebook
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    i wanna know who he is??
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    OMG this is hilarious, because I was having the same debate.

I met this guy at work, and every time he sees me he smiles and waves, and comes and talks to me when we're both on breaks.

Now, I walked past him and he called my name, so I stopped and talked to him, and he made sure to show me a piece of paper with his first AND last name on it, and said "Yeah, this is me."

I was like: HOLY HINT. Facebook time.

He accepted me the SECOND I added him. Now, this was just yesterday, so I can't give any other updates yet, but I totally think you should add me, and we can keep in touch about how they turn out. :D
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    It's not weird in the slightest.

Friend him. If he has any kind of meaningful relationship with his d*ck then you two will be sipping mojitos at a beach side bar by the end of the week...
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It's not weird in the slightest.

Friend him. If he has any kind of meaningful relationship with his d*ck then you two will be sipping mojitos at a beach side bar by the end of the week...

You give the best advice to the lovelorn.

I think guys like to have as many chick friends as possible on Facebook. Everything is a competition.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You give the best advice to the lovelorn.

Says the female version of me. So, wait. You're kinda gorgeous huh? I wonder how many friend requests you will get...
    I think guys like to have as many chick friends as possible on Facebook. Everything is a competition.

Yeah, some guys no doubt. There's also playing the odds. Women tend to flock together in groups and are intoxicated by social proof. If you become friends with one, there's a good chance you will also get to have contact with her multiple friends as well. More options to get lucky in that scenario. It's like the Fibonacci sequence of getting laid ;)
  • ama2414
    ama2414 Posts: 24
    Options
    I asked around to find out his last name to some our fellow coworkers and I did committed the ultimate creeper act and facebook stalked- Says he's single, but who knows- I'll keep you posted...I'm still having an internal debate with myself as to the creep factor of this act...lol
  • ama2414
    ama2414 Posts: 24
    Options
    Erin I'm pretty sure you used to work with him...I'm 99.9% sure. An ALS medic whose name starts with R. figure it out....lol