For the ladies.. Coil or implant weight issues??

Options
Hiya girls.
Just a question on how having the implant or the coil has effected your weight or weightloss journeys?

I've recently has my implant removed and the coil put in, and I've read varied reviews on Google about how both effect your weight.
Has anyone had any weight loss or gain or weight issues linked with either the implant or merina coil?

X

Replies

• evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If you had the implant removed because the hormones messed with You, merina might have similiar problems. I dont handle the birth control hormones well so I had the copper iud put in. Clawed the bugger out myself because I was in so much pain but no weight gain (other than the pregnancy 2 weeks later). All birth controls kind of suck
  • BecciLucy
    BecciLucy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had the implant out. (it was my third one) because after 7 years of it working perfectly.. My body decided it didn't like it any more and I was bleeding constantly (sorry tmi) so they said the merina coil is best for control of bleeding.
    However since having it in I've read horror story's of huge weight gain.. And I'm fat enough and struggling to loose weight.
  • Retsii
    Retsii Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gained 26kgs in 6 months because of the implant, and suffered major depression. Definitely would not recommend it!
  • bronaghCPM
    bronaghCPM Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The short answer is no, birth control doesn't directly make you gain weight - only eating too much can do that, but it can make it really hard to stay on track if you're trying to lose, especially if you're already struggling.
    Any form of birth control containing progesterone makes me depressed and when I'm depressed I lose control of my diet and gain weight. But every body is different, maybe give yourself some time to adjust and make sure to keep your food diary and pay attention to your appetite in the process.
  • CircleJerkk
    CircleJerkk Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pills make me retain water in my thighs and give me a very deformed look. Water drains out and I look normal a few months when I get off. Best solution was low dose estrogen pills.