Pothead with mad munchies looking for friends

Options
Hi all! I've been on MFP for years. I'm overall pretty healthy and fit, but smoking pot is my vice. Especially in the past few months I've been smoking almost every night (way for me to relax after all the chores are done; I have a stressful job, kids - it's my way of decompressing). What that means is that I eat a ton of snacks at night, mainly sugary, and then fall asleep on the couch most nights, wake up around 4 am and move to bed only to get up around 6 for work. As you can imagine - regardless of how much I work out (about 3 times a week) and how healthy I eat during the day - night time binge eating and lack of sleep have taken a toll on my body. It doesn't help that my husband is on the same boat, although as a guy - he's totally fine just getting bigger clothes sizes ;) I want to be back at my comfortable weight and look. I don't plan to quit pot completely, but bring it back to weekends only, which is what we used to do. I don't really drink and I don't smoke cigarettes.
I've been trying to find a group (or ideally a buddy on a similar journey) to help keep me honest and get healthy again. Any volunteers or suggestions?

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Is this in a state where it is legal?
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Not in Boston MA.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Is this in a state where it is legal?

LOL would it matter?
  • whosshe
    Options
    Not in Boston MA.

And you're wrong.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello!:)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Not in Boston MA.

maybe its not the Boston we are familiar with. Like some new Boston in Jamiaca or something :wink:
  • curryspicegirl
    curryspicegirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oops my bad, I actually saw a whole bunch of threads about weed on MFP, but the 'newest' one was 2016, so I didn't want to join an old thread. It is legal in MA with a prescription.
  • liftorgohome
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Not in Boston MA.

maybe its not the Boston we are familiar with. Like some new Boston in Jamiaca or something :wink:

Could be.
  • whosshe
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Fyi. OP talking about drugs whether legal where you are or not is against mfp rules.

Encouraging drug use is against MFP rules. Not talking about it. There is literally a whole thread called "Alcohol" lol.
  • curryspicegirl
    Options
    Fyi. OP talking about drugs whether legal where you are or not is against mfp rules.

Encouraging drug use is against MFP rules. Not talking about it. There is literally a whole thread called "Alcohol" lol.

Encouraging?? I'm literally trying to do the opposite and looking for people on the same boat... I'm still very unclear on how exactly am I breaking the rules.
  • liftorgohome
    Options
    Posting nudes is against the rules too, but bikini's are okay.
  • whosshe
    edited December 2017
    Options

Encouraging?? I'm literally trying to do the opposite and looking for people on the same boat... I'm still very unclear on how exactly am I breaking the rules.

Moosmum1972 said what you were doing was against MFP rules when it's not. Encouraging drug use is but you're not doing that. If it was against MFP rules to talk about drugs, legal or not, we wouldn't have threads named "Alcohol". I'm on your side lol
  • boehle
    Options

what if i wear pasties and a leaf? does that count as a bikini?
  • liftorgohome
    Options

Yes it does, please post asap.
  • curryspicegirl
    Options

Moosmum1972 said what you were doing was against MFP rules when it's not. Encouraging drug use is but you're not doing that. If it was against MFP rules to talk about drugs, legal or not, we wouldn't have threads named "Alcohol". I'm on your side lol

Thanks! I'm honestly a bit baffled. I always thought how cool it was that you can pretty much find community support for a healthy and fit lifestyle on MFP, but I guess not in every case... I'll just call it drunk binge eating in other posts, even though I never have more than 1-2 drinks.
  • curryspicegirl
    Options

I would not be surprised if that's what the fashion industry has prepared for us for next summer. I better quit blazing and hit the gym HARD! ;)
  • boehle
    Options

I would not be surprised if that's what the fashion industry has prepared for us for next summer. I better quit blazing and hit the gym HARD! ;)

oh, I am going to be a trend setter. Let me quit my job and start making these bikinis
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My advice as a former pot head and recovering alcoholic would be this...if your drug use (legal or not legal) is interfering with your sleep and your physical health and you are using every day to deal with daily stress, you have a problem. Especially with two children to care for and a job, you need to deal with the source of the stress and find healthy ways to manage it like exercise, yoga, meditation, etc. Relying on any substance just masks the symptoms of the stress and adds even more damage for your body to deal with. Eventually, it will catch up with you in one way or another. Try stopping the substance use and dealing with the true issues in your life that are causing the stress and you will find that the over-eating goes away too as a natural consequence.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.

c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

Marijuana use is currently illegal at the federal level, as well as many state and local levels, therefore discussions related to its usage are prohibited on MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.