Which is better 30 Day shred or Ripped in 30?

Options
I want to buy either the 30 day shred or ripped in 30 but which one is better? Has anyone tried both? I really need to start adding in more exercise to get moving, and I know that this will work for me!!

Replies

• nicoleleigh33
    Options
    I bought the 30 day shred and love it...I also heard the ripped in 30 days was just as good. If you want something to start off with do the 30 day shred first, because I have heard that the ripped in 30 days is more difficult.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just started 30ds 2 days ago and man am i feeling it! i read alot of people do 30ds first then Ripped in 30 as that one is a lil tuffer.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have and do both I like Ripped in 30 better though it is a little more challenging.
  • ts014
    ts014 Posts: 34
    Options
    I am doing Ripped in 30 right now and I previously did 30 day shred. I think it depends on what level you are at. I feel that 30 day shred is easier then Ripped in 30. I like both but I think the shred almost prepares you for ripped with getting you used to some moves.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I completed 30DS and saw great results...down 13 pounds and about 25 inches all over my body..especially waist and hips and abs! I started Ripped but need to give Jillian a break so will come back later...Some of the moves in Ripped are the same as she did in DS....so i was glad i got to do those in Shred first. i think its probably a horse a piece, but i am glad i did shed first.
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do the Shred, it's great, i think it's about a total body workout and I'm not 100% sure but I think Ripped is about putting on muscle? So maybe if you have some weight on you should try the Shred first and worry about getting ripped later? but i could be wrong since i've never tried the Ripped one before!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I think if you havent done a jillian dvd before then the shred is a good way to start .. i loved the shred and now im doing ripped in 30 and it is definetly harder ! either are really good tho ! :)
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    30 day shred will prepare you for the butt kicking you get in ripped in 30!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30DS in July. Loved it! I just started Ri30 this week. It is great too! Some of the moves are similar in both. I think Ri30 will be more difficult than 30DS. You can't go wrong with either one.

With 30DS, push through the first 3 days (it's tough, but that's when the 'change will happen') and you will be fine throughout the entire workout. I find Ri30 not too bad in week 1, but I thnk that is because I am stronger from doing the 30DS.

Have fun with which ever you choose. Add me as a friend if you need support.
  • newashley
    newashley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sounds great!! I will pick up the 30 day shred first. I am so excited to start this program! Is it hard to stay motivated with the 30 DS?
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of Ripped in 30, and I am incredibly sore! I skipped yesterday and ran 4 miles, didn't think I could handle both. If my soreness is any indication of results, I expect huge results by the end of 30 days! I haven't done the Shred - I chose Ripped because I heard it has more variety.
  • newashley
    Options
    I am reading on Amazon and some of the reviews say that 30DS is horrible on your knees? Anyone had any trouble with that?
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I stayed pretty motivated through the shred and my knees were not a problem...when i started Ripped I had really sore knees but i have to modify so that might be why which is another reson i am taking a break from her:)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I am reading on Amazon and some of the reviews say that 30DS is horrible on your knees? Anyone had any trouble with that?

I have also heard this and read this from people on here.

30DS has jumping jacks, lunges w/ weights, squat jumps, butt kicks, rock star jumps, etc. Level 3 (the last and most difficult level has quite a bit of jumping moves on the cardio moves). The wife and I completed 30DS last month and are doing Ripped in 30 this month. I have a bad knee (several dislocations over the last 10 years and I wear a knee brace for anything above a moderate walk). I had no difficulty with 30DS besides going full motion on lunge moves.

I would say give 30DS a try and if your knees happen to flare up then just modify those cardio exercises to take the pressure off the knees. The workouts go by pretty fast because its 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs - all repeated 3 times. So if there is some move you can't do modify it and in the next 30 seconds a new move is going to begin.
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    i would start with 30DS and then move on to ripped. 30 DS is better to start with because jillian kicks your butt a little less. lol. good luck and feel free to friend me, i love those DVDs!
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    I just did shred for the first time last night and absolutely loved it!! I bought both of them but similar to the other replies I heard ripped is harder.. So shred first, ripped later!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    both are good. ive just completed the 30ds and will be starting ri30 next week. got some fab results from 30ds but i hear ripped is a little tougher. id say get 30ds first then you can always do ripped after. or alternatively get both! love JM !
  • messyanderson
    Options
    Hey Ash! :)

I've been doing 30DS...Jillian bugs the snot out of me...but the workouts are great! She packs a lot in for just 20 mins. I have noticed one of my knees usually hurts after I do the shred though...and it does for a couple days after. So that is something to consider.
  • newashley
    Options
    HELLO!!!
    I think i am going to try it! I want somthing to kick my behind, perhaps a little less intense than p90x... somthing shorter will be better i think :)
  • bailey1981
    Options
    Hi there,
    I have just started 30DS and was wondering, do you all stick with just the 20 mins per day? Do you do any other exercise apart from the DVD? I was just wondering as a lot of people have had great results and was jsut wondering if it was this alone?

Thanks
    H x