Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Ucq11.gif
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I've belonged to some other boards over the years and this site is by far the most 'cut throat'. I've been on political boards and people who are on totally opposite ends of the spectrum manage to treat each other better (for the most part) than how people treat each other here.

I never see as much 'mob mentality' as I do here, elsewhere. People hold their own without having to call in the Calvary, which doesn't seem the norm here. There is always some level of cattiness or drama on almost any board you go to, I imagine. MFP I feel takes the cake! Maybe because it is a fitness site? Self importance and narcissism seem to run high, plus this odd sense of competition among members. (ie, the women)

I will agree and disagree with this. It really all depends on who you surround yourself with here. I've very much seen where people will find one person to be the enemy of the month and EVERYONE will dogpile on. I also think after enough time you can really weed those people out and only surround yourself with like-minded people.
  • Brown_Eyed_Squirrel
    Options
    I should mention...I don't mean like minded as in they always agree with you. I mean like minded as in you get each other whether you agree or not and you can debate honestly. Gah I hope I NEVER become a person who only surrounds myself with people who agree with me. lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    lets make popcorn and drink whiskey.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Don’t say anything real, don’t say anything fake, don’t say anything sarcastic, don’t say anything opinionated, don’t say anything vague, don’t say anything precise, don’t have friends, don’t dislike anyone, don’t be too personal, and don’t be too aloof.... other than that, you should be golden.

That's not new. That's MFP circa 2012 lol

Not much new really...except more whining and butt hurt...or it might just seem that way since I've been here since 2012 too.