Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Health Safety Concerns Being Well Addressed in Clinical Drug Trials?

Options

Replies

• counting_kilojoules
    Options
    Or we could just promote more responsible behavior instead of vaccinating children against an STD.

Even when the ideal was sex with one person until you died it didn't often happen. I really don't think you've got a chance of getting anyone to follow that kind of behaviour now. And if you don't? HPV is so common, you're pretty much guaranteed to get it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I watched a commercial for a new diabetes drug and the list of contraindications was so long I wondered why anyone would bother. But then again, losing a limb or going blind to diabetes is pretty extreme too....
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I figured that's what he was saying. Wasn't it? To teach your kids some responsible behaviors? And that being with only one person in your whole life was the ideals still?

I took that is him saying that if people were responsible enough to not be with anyone else until they found someone to marry.. but since a lot of marriages end within a few years you would then have to give the marriage some wait time that this is how you would not have to be vaccinated for HPV
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    It doesn't.. i just thought it was an odd thing to expect, that parents are just not teaching their kids any morals and thats why HPV needs a vaccine.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I figured that's what he was saying. Wasn't it? To teach your kids some responsible behaviors? And that being with only one person in your whole life was the ideals still?

I took that is him saying that if people were responsible enough to not be with anyone else until they found someone to marry.. but since a lot of marriages end within a few years you would then have to give the marriage some wait time that this is how you would not have to be vaccinated for HPV

That might be what he plans to teach his children. I don't see how that has anything to do with anything anyone else should or should not be doing.

I'm questioning the paradigm of shoulds regarding sexual behavior.

Furthermore, the issue of the vaccine isn't related to morality.

Exactly.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I talked to my kids about safe sex, morality, STD's etc etc until i was blue in the face. Did they listen to a word? Probably Not! :weary:
This discussion has been closed.