Post your supplements!!

Options
Wondering what supplements everyone is using, whether it be a vitamin or whatever.. Let us know how they made/make you feel..

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D3, prenatal vitamin (not pregnant, but tend to have iron issues). I love the vitamin D3 and it seems to give me energy and keep me more balanced. I almost never miss taking the D3, but the prenatal, meh, doesn't seem to do much.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    gummy vits for adults. they don't make me nauseous like most vits do :)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    none , if you eat a well balanced diet you don't need them
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    A-Z plus isoflavones, and cod liver oil.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin, Hair, Nail, Skin supplement, Omega 3, Beachbody Shakeology, Whey protein (does that count???)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Calcium w/ vitamin D = 43% of my DRI of calcium + 30% for 1 cup of soy milk and some almonds = >100% :)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    pro-caps labs women's complete and CoQ10
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nature's Plus - Adult's Chewable Apple Flavor, 2 tablets
    Nature's Plus Chewable - Nutrical Hearts Calcium, 4 tablets

These make me fee like I am getting what I need everyday. I take the calcium for my osteoporosis. I've been taking these for years. I hardly every get sick. I carry them in a pocket and much on them throughout the day so that I absorb them gradually, instead of dumping them in my system and eliminating the surplus.

Good topic.
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Check my food diary, I take the same suppliments every day
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    None. I feel awesome.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

NO, taking A LOT of vitamins is not recommended, even taking a multi-vitamin has been shown to not be absorbed by the body very well and it is better to obtain most vitamins from natural foods but if you have 1 specific issue i.e. anemic and need iron, pregnant and need folic acid or female and don't want to crumble when you are old - calcium. Since you are a 50 year old women new to fitness it’s highly recommended you visit your doctor first to talk about supplements - if necessary since you are prime age for osteoporosis and colonoscopy and mammogram screening at your age are a must.
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I started taking Advocares MNS Max Energy supplements.. I LOVE THEM! Only bad part is that there is over 8 pills to take a day.. You take 5 before breakfast, 1 with breakfast, 3 for lunch, 3 after.. Dont know.. But they work great.. Vitamins, probiotics, energy, metab booster, omegas, etc...

Planning on changing it though because I HATE drinking all those pills. :D:D
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options

^^This.
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    calcium since i don't drink milk, fish oil- to keep my heart strong, flaxseed oil--helps break down fats, kelp-helps break down fats as well, and a one a day pill! :)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Just a simple A-Z Multivitamin & Minerals tablet per day :-))
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Amy's herbal tea : I LOVE this stuff! It's made from herbs and fruits. It's GREAT, no, no, that is an understatement, it's AMAZING for constipation relief and just has an abundance of benefits.

I drink 1/2 cup everyday before breakfast and it's just wonderful! A family friend of our of the maker is this tea so that I how I know it's organic and made from best ingredients :D I do have to drink a lot of water when drinking the tea, which I do :)

http://www.amysherbaltea.com/
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    multivitamin - fills in gaps
    CLA - 3 grams a day (supports lean tissue retention/ fat loss)
    Whey protein (helps with lean tissue development and retention)
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Glucosamine and Marine Collagen, CoQ10, Evening Primrose Oil. Occasionally a multi vit + mineral if I've had a crappy couple of days or pre-tom, but not everyday :) I feel great most of the time :)

I've come off probiotics as they made no difference, although would take them again after anti-biotics or a tummy bug. I also drink mint tea with most meals to aid digestion and if I could only do one thing, it would be drink the mint tea - it's marvellous :)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I take womens one a day which is important since it supports bone and breast support , the bone part especially because I dont drink milk and also a vitamin B-12 that promotes energy metabolism
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Dude! Just started Creatine Hydrochloride. Went from not being able to walk after my work outs cause my legs were so sore and then half a$$ing it a few days later on sore legs to waking up the day after a grueling leg workout and they feel a little tight, but I could work the same muscle group everyday. I don't but it feels like I could. Simply amazing!