Senior Losing 50% of Body Weight.

Options
Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
edited December 2017 in Success Stories
tzc7mre617pn.jpeg
edia6ybgzv8z.jpeg
I promised my youngest son I would do something about my weight/health at Thanksgiving 2012. I was contemplating WLS but was afraid so I went back to WWers. I had lost on WW many times but never stayed on the Program. always gained back what I had lost PLUS MORE! Reached 376# at age 65!

My five year anniversary is coming up and I weighed 188.8 this week, I have lost 187.4# I now weigh my High School football playing weight!

Weight Lose by year:
2013 -60
2014 -32
2015 -16 (focused on NOT gaining back)
2016 -37
2017 -42 with two weeks left

Replies

• xproofx
    xproofx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! It serves as further proof that if a weight loss is all about will and discipline and CICO. You are an inspiration to the older crowd here. A+++
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Well done! Another testimony that age doesn't matter. I lost half (almost) my weight at age 59-61.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good job and greats results. Big Congratulations :)
  • tammierlewis
    tammierlewis Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Great job! Following your progress this year has been inspiring.
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well done you!!! You have a lot to be proud of and I bet your son is so happy to see you happier and healthier!!
  • Just_Maddy
    Just_Maddy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mad respect Sir!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Awesome. And kudos to your son for caring enough to give you that push.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Well done! You are an inspiration to all of us "old timers." I should introduce you to my husband, he just can't get motivated.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment! Your son may have given you the inspiration, but the hard work and victory are all yours.
    Losing weight is never easy at any age, and your success is proof that age is just a number. Your perseverance and dedication will be an inspiration to many!
    The best of luck to you! Very well done!
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I so appreciate that you shared your yearly losses. Helps to remind those of us with a substantial amount to lose, staying the course does indeed yield great reward!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment! :star::star::star:
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Rock on! That's awesome!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Way to go! fabulous job!!!!
  • mtews63
    mtews63 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to congratulate you. It is my son who has motivated me as well. I hope to be as successful as you. So many times I have tried but this time I am down 30 plus pounds and don't plan on going back.
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Way to go
  • ALNIBY
    ALNIBY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I bet your son is so proud of you! This is fantastic!
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Congratulations, Jim! It's been a pleasure to have been with you through GOAD as you accomplished your goals. As you know, things were a little "rocky" at the start :p but you quickly became a valuable part of our (somewhat?) dysfunctional family.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!