How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• lewisfoyFL
    lewisfoyFL Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always make my coffee at home. I just add a couple tsps. of sweet creamer and that's all. If I go out for a coffee its on a cheat day and I get a big *kitten* special with all the bells and whistles and topped with cream. I figure if I'm going to treat myself (which is nearly never) I'm going to really enjoy it.
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Coffeemate and Stevia.............................sigh :/
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I cannot drink black coffee. It tears my stomach up and the one time I did it, I regretted it for days.

I have a 12 oz mug of coffee every morning. I put 4 tablespoons of flavored coffee mate in then fill the mug. Yes it's 140 calories but I accepted long ago that this is one thing I'm not going to change. I tried the sugar free and fat free versions, and they literally make me ill. I tried stevia and it's awful. So I track it every day and accept that I'm dropping that many calories down a hole. ;)
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I can drink coffee in any incarnation except too much sugar.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Irish
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Hot and often.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    4 Splendas??? That's a lot of Splenda.

I like my coffee progressively darker and less sweet. I mix my first cup with 1/4 cup of 2% milk and about half a Splenda, so it's medium creamy and just a touch of sweetness. When the cup is about half empty, or if it starts to get cool, I add more coffee, but I never add more milk or splenda. This may go on for a while. By the time I finally dump it or finish it or leave for work or whatever, my cup is pretty dark and pretty bitter, but it's delicious. If I'm working at home or it's a weekend, I probably brew multiple pots over the course of the morning, and I end up with basically black coffee.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Well, normally black but the boss told me to go buy a bottle of Baileys so I had to make sure it was good.

It was.
  • dfein001
    dfein001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Black- don't water it down!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Cream and - depending on the size - 2 or 3 Splendas.

Have you tried with Sweet-n-Low or Equal? They may not have that effect on you like Splenda does.
  • jenna_nicolo
    jenna_nicolo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A cold brew with a splash of skim milk and a Splenda. The best part of waking up...
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    "I like my coffee like I like my women: covered in Bees!" -- Eddie Izzard
  • buffalojoe29
    buffalojoe29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Black as hell
  • barbp7
    barbp7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    12oz whole milk, 2tsp raw sugar, Tbsp of high quality instant. Love it, not worth compromising. But trying to drink it less often or smaller cups since it is over 200 cal.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Went cold turkey a long time ago w/the sugar; now only use regular 1/2 & 1/2 (tried, but don't really care for it black). Was using non-dairy creamer and finally decided it wasn't healthy so went to 1/2 & 1/2. Was going to use low-fat version (there isn't any) and checked out the non-fat version---it had added sugar so, decided just to use "real" food and went for the reg. 1/2 & 1/2.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Sugar and half and half. A teaspoon of sugar is 15 calories and a tablespoon of half and half is 20, so I’m good with that. At work we have little creamer cups so I use that instead of half and half.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    No sugar. A little milk.

My husband goes straight black now.

Sugar in coffee is gross to me know. And the chemicals in coffee creamer gross me out. A little milk is all I want. Or a lot in a latte. Lol.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Used to drink mine black. I’m on a temporary hiatus from coffee after a near/slight overdose a few weeks ago. The terrible withdrawals afterward were enough to keep me off of caffeine so far.
    Mslmesq wrote: »
    Sugar in coffee is gross to me know. And the chemicals in coffee creamer gross me out. A little milk is all I want. Or a lot in a latte. Lol.

But the chemicals in the coffee itself don’t?

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Normally with 2TBS half and half, but lately there's extra cream in the fridge. I don't need as much, but mercy, is it good!!!
  • TylerJessilynn
    TylerJessilynn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Light Roast Coffee from a K-Cup, Unsweetened Almond milk, then I add some stevia drops, in all is like 15 calories for a rather large cup.