One slip up = to heck with the rest of the day!!!

Options
Good Morning friends.....

I'm sure other people have had the days when they have 'slipped up' and ate something AWFULLY HIGH IN CALORIES..which in turn, makes you say 'TO HECK WITH THE REST OF THIS DAY'....following by trips to the fridge, pantry, etc...cookies, cakes, anything you can get your hands on???

Oh please tell me i'm not the only one that has done this!! :D

Well this habit will END for me today.....see I started the day with 3 bites of cheesecake (3 good sized bites people)...and my first instinct was to throw away the rest of the day and see what else I could get my hands on....

Instead, I will stay positive, stick with my eating plan for today...and power through this day WITHOUT giving in to my slip up mentality!!!!

I'm drinking plenty of water....and am going to stay STRONG!!!
Happy Friday friends!!

Replies

• ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    p.s....I even tossed the rest of the cheesecake into the trash.....:D
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! that is a major attitude shift!!!
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    Oh I've been there and done that a million times!! But you are doing the right thing by staying strong the rest of the day. It's ok to cheat here and there but we all know what happens when we cheat all the time. I'm proud of you for staying positive and making the best of the day. You're doing great!! Stay strong as I'm sure you will. Have a great day!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm working on this too, so you're not the only one whos dealt with this.
  • CindyWard4u
    CindyWard4u Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Been there and done that! It's all a mental lapse for me...but you are right about working through it and by fessing up you will be more apt to stay on track!

Congrats on staying strong!
  • devineyallen
    Options
    I have done this and good for you for throwing the rest away!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Thank GOD there is someone normal in the world lol. Yea I did that with my fat free cappuccino lol. I drank 3/4 of it and threw the rest out.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Good for you - and BTW, you have beautiful hair!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options

I do the same thing if there is something in the house I can't control myself around. I take one last bite and BAM!!! into the trash it goes. That is why I normally keep those things out of the house because when it comes to sweets, I still have not quite learned to control myself.

Good for you!
  • BossSauce69
    Options
    Don't worry, I've done this many times. I've actually found that if I put it into my calorie tracker, I'll realize two things:
    -It isn't as bad as I thought
    -I can work around it
    No need to be discouraged, if you realize that it is a matter of 3000 calories to lose a pound, even the biggest slip up means very little in the big picture. The key is to focus on being healthy overall.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    That is hard to do! I have to admit that I was terrible after slipping up early on in my journey. Now if I slip up I just try to make better decisions for my following meals/snacks. But it IS very difficult! Good for you and stay positive and keep at it. :)
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

:noway: The Cheesecake?!?! You're so brave doing that! You're making the right decision to start today and not tomorrow! Procrastination gets nothing done. :laugh: Good luck!
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! I can be the same way. I have thrown b-day cakes, cookies and candy in the garbage. I rather waste the $$ then see myself continue to eat it!
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well done, I am proud of you!

Firstly for not letting the slip up ruin the day and
    secondly for throwing the rest away!
    Got to say I am good at throwing away, but crap at staying good after ive eaten rubbish!
  • Get_Inspired2011
    Options
    I couldn't have come across this post at a better time!! =] I find myself often using that "I've already screwed up the day..." excuse. I'm sure there are tons of people that feel like that!!

Good for you for being motivated! =] Good luck and Happy Friday to you!! =]
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good Morning friends.....

I'm sure other people have had the days when they have 'slipped up' and ate something AWFULLY HIGH IN CALORIES..which in turn, makes you say 'TO HECK WITH THE REST OF THIS DAY'....following by trips to the fridge, pantry, etc...cookies, cakes, anything you can get your hands on???

Oh please tell me i'm not the only one that has done this!! :D

Well this habit will END for me today.....see I started the day with 3 bites of cheesecake (3 good sized bites people)...and my first instinct was to throw away the rest of the day and see what else I could get my hands on....

Instead, I will stay positive, stick with my eating plan for today...and power through this day WITHOUT giving in to my slip up mentality!!!!

I'm drinking plenty of water....and am going to stay STRONG!!!
    Happy Friday friends!!

Think of it as the 80/20 rule. You won;t let the slips ups that happen maybe 20% of the time ruin the good you do 80% of the time. Log the 3 bites of cheesecake and plan your diary for the rest of the day around it. I would even fill in what I plan to eat the rest of the day to balance it out.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I want to do that. But then I get scared of all the calories and spend the rest of the day eating a head of cauliflower.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i have done this for sure! Great job to you for recognizing this and sticking to your plan!!
  • lynxcoco
    lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    "A little bit taste the same as a whole lot" ...that quote gets me through most days!
  • caralw20
    Options
    Thank you for this post! I too struggle with that mentality. Today just happened to be one of those days! One of my coworkers brought in Krispy Kreme doughnuts of all things!! I have had a great eating week for the most part, and my first instinct was to let today slide, but thanks to your post I WILL stay on track the rest of the day! THANK YOU!!