Am I ever going to get it?

Options
I keep getting stuck in the attitude of what the heck who cares!!! :frown: i want to lose weight, but I don't want to give up my pop and food!! I do so well all day and then by the time evening hits or the weekend hits I totally screw it up. Maybe I am just going to be overweight forever...what if I am just not strong enough. Maybe I will be a failure all over again. :angry: I don't know I just feel so stuck sometimes!! Sorry I am just going on and on, I just don't know what to do anymore. This losing weight sucks!!!:mad:

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I keep getting stuck in the attitude of what the heck who cares!!! :frown: i want to lose weight, but I don't want to give up my pop and food!! I do so well all day and then by the time evening hits or the weekend hits I totally screw it up. Maybe I am just going to be overweight forever...what if I am just not strong enough. Maybe I will be a failure all over again. :angry: I don't know I just feel so stuck sometimes!! Sorry I am just going on and on, I just don't know what to do anymore. This losing weight sucks!!!:mad:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Well I guess first off you have to decide why you want to lose weight...and its really not just about losing weight for some its about quality of life and being healthy....If you feel you are ok the way you are and comfortable in your skin ..then maybe try not to focus on the whole "losing weight part"..try to focus on doing small healthier things which dont include giving up the things you love....If weight loss comes with the changes so be it..and if not then your still a happy person in your skin.....Just because half of the world is on a diet doesnt make it right or wrong. Being totally happy about who you are and the choices you make is #1........:flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!! :drinker: :drinker: I used to drink a 2 liter Mountain Dew a day and ate very little food. I know some people go cold turkey but I had to ween myself off. I started treating it like a dessert instead of a beverage you drink with a meal.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!! :drinker: :drinker: I used to drink a 2 liter Mountain Dew a day and ate very little food. I know some people go cold turkey but I had to ween myself off. I started treating it like a dessert instead of a beverage you drink with a meal.

I have tried, but for some reason I can't let it go. I am not happy with the way I am and I want to lose weight, but its almost like I go into a depression or something. I am not sure what to do or how to think. i am just so overwhelmed. There is going to be lots of stuff going on in my life and I am just scared I will never be able to handle this and get my life back!!
  • Bunny001
    Options
    I know it sucks, in my case if I don't get a handle on it NOW it will only get worse and I will feel worse and more stuck if I don't try. Your not a failure, you've lost 7 pounds! You are 7 pounds closer to your goal than you were before you started. Don't eliminate the foods you like, try to make them healthier , what foods do you like that you want to eat?? Tell me what they are. Maybe I can find some light er recipes for you so you can still enjoy them .This journey is totally worth it, and we're with you, each of us has to go through the same thing to loose weight. You aren't alone!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i can certainly relate.:flowerforyou:
    wine is my main bad.:mad:
    if i manage to skip a day, i feel so good about myself the next day! ~but then the evening comes and i partake again.:angry:
    look at your self as having an addiction, like an alcoholic, cause you do.
    take it one day at a time. bask in even the smallest success.:smile:
    you can overcome the power of junk food and pop.

replying and trying to help other's here on mfp really helps empower me. :flowerforyou:
    i'd reccomend that too.:wink:

robin:heart:
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    I know it sucks, in my case if I don't get a handle on it NOW it will only get worse and I will feel worse and more stuck if I don't try. Your not a failure, you've lost 7 pounds! You are 7 pounds closer to your goal than you were before you started. Don't eliminate the foods you like, try to make them healthier , what foods do you like that you want to eat?? Tell me what they are. Maybe I can find some light er recipes for you so you can still enjoy them .This journey is totally worth it, and we're with you, each of us has to go through the same thing to loose weight. You aren't alone!

Well I love pepsi, fast food, right now I am craving lots of fatting pasta, chips. I am looking for a alfredo recipes that are better for ya. I am stuck on things to eat for lunch and healthy family friendly dinners. I want to love cooking dinner instead of dreading it. I am just a little lost I guess. Thanks for your support and your willing to help!!:flowerforyou:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day, and YOU CAN DO IT!!! I tried to explain it to my fiance like this - dieting (or changing your diet to a healthier one) is like an alcoholic having to have half of one drink, but only half, a day. Food can be an addiction just like drugs or alcohol, but unlike drugs and alcohol you CAN"T just stop eating! You have to eat to live, and food is everywhere. It is a struggle every day to make healthy food choices, but every day you succeed you can be proud and every day you mes sup you know tomorrow is a new chance to be healthy!!

Just do the best you can to eat right and be healthy! You can do this, we all can! :flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    you and your sons have some of the most stunning beautiful blue eyes i've ever seen.:smile:
  • Bunny001
    Options
    You tell me specifically what recipes you want....what kind of pasta dishes are you looking for? I'll look for an Alfredo sauce for you. You know what tastes good and it's so easy to make pita pizza! I got the recipe on here and made it , I LOVE PIZZA and this gave me the crispy crust , sauce and the mozzarella that I love so much! It only takes a few minutes in the oven, load it up with veggies and enjoy it! Now that I eat this I don't feel like I'm missing out on pizza. just tell me what your craving and I'll look for you. Deal???? No giving up sweetie!!
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    you and your sons have some of the most stunning beautiful blue eyes i've ever seen.:smile:

Thank you so much!! You are sweet!!!:flowerforyou:
  • will4change
    Options
    Just hung in there. Some days are going to be worse than others. I also was feeling that way this wkend. (actually evry wkend) I seem to be doing good on the wk days and then Sat/Sun is as though I can't have enough food. But I make a goal on Sun. night to start back in the morning. PLEASE don't feel like you can't.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    Wow, not sure other then my pepsi and junk.:drinker:

pizza
    shrimp linguine (spelling) its in a butter sauce.
    spaghetti and meatballs
    chicken salad ----no fruit
    ranch dressing, but nothing that taste like the light or fat free .....i want flavor
    potato soup
    easy veggie soup

side dishes
    cheese potatoes
    flavored rice
    veggies

okay i hope that is good for now. I just went thought some things that i have been missing and things that i want to eat and want a healthier choice for.

thanks again:flowerforyou:
  • Bunny001
    Options
    Here is a link to a blogging friend of mine who is on a weight lloss journey of her own, her name is Lori she's a wonderful cook and is cooking light now . Go look at her Sweet Potato Shepards Pie
    .http://lipsmackinggoodness.blogspot.com/

This is Deeba another blogging friend, look at this dinner, there is only 3 tbls of olive oil in this WHOLE DINNER!! And 1 tbls in the pepper salsa!
    http://passionateaboutbaking.blogspot.com/

I'll find more fore you!!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light (cookinglight.com) has some great variations of normally high calorie foods. I use it all the time when I am craving something that I want to make lighter.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    start small try diet soda. Coke zero is delicious my favorite is cherry coke zero. Start giving yourself smaller portions of what you eat. You don't need to deprive yourself of what you like its all about portion control and get active. just start small so you arent overwhelmed
  • NoraEE
    NoraEE Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    mrsbuzz, I'm of the belief that you have to find a plan that works for you in real life. If you just can't live happily without pizza and Pepsi, then don't quit eating pizza and drinking Pepsi! Just eat them in moderation, or find healthier ways of eating them. This just can't be about depriving yourself for the rest of your life. It's about finding ballance that works for YOU.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a blogging friend of mine who is on a weight lloss journey of her own, her name is Lori she's a wonderful cook and is cooking light now . Go look at her Sweet Potato Shepards Pie
    .http://lipsmackinggoodness.blogspot.com/

This is Deeba another blogging friend, look at this dinner, there is only 3 tbls of olive oil in this WHOLE DINNER!! And 1 tbls in the pepper salsa!
    http://passionateaboutbaking.blogspot.com/

I'll find more fore you!!

Ok, haven't looked at the sites yet but wanted to say THANK YOU for posting them, always fun to read others journeys Bunny:drinker: :bigsmile:

Also that cookinglight site is great lots of yummy healthy ideas there, thanks JD:happy: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Bunny001
    Options
    Recipe Girl ( another cooking blog) Has a whole list of low fat recipes here's the link to low fat recipes
    http://www.recipegirl.com/category/recipes/low-fat/

She also has low carb recipes here's the link to low carb recipes
    http://www.recipegirl.com/category/recipes/low-carb/
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Wow, not sure other then my pepsi and junk.:drinker:

pizza
    shrimp linguine (spelling) its in a butter sauce.
    spaghetti and meatballs
    chicken salad ----no fruit
    ranch dressing, but nothing that taste like the light or fat free .....i want flavor
    potato soup
    easy veggie soup

side dishes
    cheese potatoes
    flavored rice
    veggies

okay i hope that is good for now. I just went thought some things that i have been missing and things that i want to eat and want a healthier choice for.

thanks again:flowerforyou:

Hm, these all sound do-able Buzz:flowerforyou: Just myself discovered Pita pizza the other day and wow, who needs the regular when you can create whatever type you enjoy at home for a fraction, fraction FRACTION of the cost!:tongue:

Cheese potatoes can be altered and still be tasty, it's tough giving up foods that are processed and the reason it's tough to give up pop and cookies and all the junk food is because each time we eat it, our body craves more of it:ohwell: It's a vicious cycle round and round it goes. If pop is somerthing you find you want to continue drinking perhaps do a bit of research on how it can effect your body and your cravings, look at it in a health wise way and you might realize that maybe limiting it might be in your best interest.

But of course none of us can MAKE you not eat any of the things you enjoy, it HAS to come from within:heart: , sad but true, it's a journey we are all on together supporting one another and motivating and inspiring along the way but first off it has to come from within our ownselves!!:flowerforyou:

We make a decision that food is interupting our lives in ways we prefer it not too...then we make a decision to continue to allow it too or to make some changes.

Noone needs to drop every single habit the very first day of changing their lifestyle:bigsmile: No wonder some folks can easily get overwhelmed when trying out a new healthy lifestyle. I think progress not perfection certainly applies to food changes...otherwise we'd all feel like failures and not continue creating changes in our lives:drinker: :wink:

How about some baby steps first, you've been offered some tremendous help on altering recipes, grab hold of Bunny and take that offer and run with it, you may find some of the best recipes from the past will taste even better swapping out a few things and adding a few others.:tongue:

Hon, we all have felt overwhelmed and discouraged sometimes, I've been at this for awhile and it's not an easy road, but it's made much simpler here on MFP with all the rest of us working on the same goals....getting our minds and bodies to a healthy point so we can live more contently:smooched: .

:heart: :heart: A quality life AND a quantity life is what my goal is!:heart::heart:

I used to think I would much rather eat a bag of cookies or chips than care what others thought but I was fooling myself, because I CARED what I thought!:blushing:

Don't try and deprive yourself of everything all at once, or even anything, you can have your foods/drinks in moderation. But the key word here is moderation. Even veggies and fruits, things we see as healthy, we don't want to eat 5 bananas a day, that's not healthy either.:laugh:

Hang in there, I have so much faith in you:flowerforyou: ...you've stuck it out this long, don't quit on yourself NOW BUZZ:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile: :wink:

FC:heart: