Apparnelty, abs are made in the kitchen???

Options
2»

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    So it takes 80 minutes to begin using fat for energy, is what you're saying.

Actually its 81.3 minutes

Only if producing 1.21 gigawatts at the crank arm.

Is that with or without the training wheels attached?

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    they might get in the way, but if your power generation is kaput, you might need a sky hook.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    tmdpotts wrote: »
    you do need to train then and treat them like other body parts. add weight, change reps and routine. GO to failure.
    No really. Visible abs are a result of low body fat. There are lots and lots of teenagers who have visible abs that don't train them at all. I mention teenagers because most people are leaner in their younger years than their older years, without doing a structured exercise program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You be surprise about older people with low body fat and do not train. Still have visible abs. Also you will see people in the 16-18 percent body fat who have visible abs.

16-18% bodyfat is athletic status. So yeah. I guess they would have visible abs.
  • jenifer7teen
    jenifer7teen Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes, you need a low body fat for abs to be seen but also you need to build them through exercise. For numerous reasons core and ab strength will help your performace, protect against injury etc etc. As far as appearance goes, ive had LESS ab definition when i was very skinny because i didnt eat enough to build any muscle (including abs). So its not ALL about body fat percentage and eating. Most would benefit from ab and core strengthening exercises in addition to maintaing a low enough body fat percentage. I am not an expert by any means. Just my experience.
  • jenifer7teen
    jenifer7teen Posts: 205 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yes, you need a low body fat for abs to be seen but also you need to build them through exercise. For numerous reasons core and ab strength will help your performace, protect against injury etc etc. As far as appearance goes, ive had LESS ab definition when i was very skinny because i didnt eat enough to build any muscle (including abs). So its not ALL about body fat percentage and eating. Most would benefit from ab and core strengthening exercises in addition to maintaing a low enough body fat percentage. I am not an expert by any means. Just my experience.

Four year old thread and no one has posted in it since 2014...how did you even find this?

Gahhh that is so weird. I didnt even search anything related. Just browsing the fitness forums. Gah some random error on my part i am sure...or.... Maybe this is DESTINY!

*on further investigation it seems i must have hit "last" as that takes you to a bunch of posts from 2014....
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you’re just expecting things to come your way because you’re doing a bit of work.

Are you eating in a deficit? Do you have sufficient muscle mass for them to show? Are you at a low enough body fat percentage?

My guess is no to all three.
    They need to be yes.
  • laceyn18
    laceyn18 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is true. I made my abs and a really thick protective coating for my abs all in the kitchen.
  • Xelbabe
    Xelbabe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    this thread revival lmao.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options

Four year old thread and no one has posted in it since 2014...how did you even find this?

Gahhh that is so weird. I didnt even search anything related. Just browsing the fitness forums. Gah some random error on my part i am sure...or.... Maybe this is DESTINY!

*on further investigation it seems i must have hit "last" as that takes you to a bunch of posts from 2014....

There've been a lot of grave robberies in the past couple days.
    But it's not a bad topic for newbies to get their eyes on anyway so, I vote "destiny." :smile:
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This thread is gold.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    The question is: do zombies have abs, and if so, should they eat more or less brains to improve them?
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    So it takes 80 minutes to begin using fat for energy, is what you're saying.

the thing is, i'm not sure it matters. your body is going to want to replace all the glycogen that you burned up, and i always thought it would go get the resources to do that from fat. eitehr that, or i guess maybe from whatever you eat afterwards . . . but in that case you're still at the same bottom line, because if your body uses your most recent meal to make glycogen, then it's not storing your most recent meal somewhere as fat.

i'm not a physiologist, though. for all i know the whole thing is really done by little green men in your blood, and you have to sacrifice a leprechaun three times a day just to keep them working.