Protein shakes for women ????

Do you guys thinks it healthy or a good idea to add a protein shake for weight gain on in my diet?
If so which one is better and beneficial for women????

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    ^^This.
  • julia_quezada
    julia_quezada Posts: 13 Member
    Yh hahaha that's what i thought..actaully i aides about 500 more calories To my daily diet..but it's always not easy to be consistent un keeping those calories up..needed a boost
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    If you only need 500 calories add some cheese or extra meat, or a couple of handfuls of nuts/seeds to your planned meals. You know what you're getting then!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Yh hahaha that's what i thought..actaully i aides about 500 more calories To my daily diet..but it's always not easy to be consistent un keeping those calories up..needed a boost

peanut butter
  • julia_quezada
    mazdauk wrote: »
    If you only need 500 calories add some cheese or extra meat, or a couple of handfuls of nuts/seeds to your planned meals. You know what you're getting then!
    Yh.. thanks
  • julia_quezada

peanut butter

It's already on my list to buy
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I love protein shakes (Quest fan) but Greek yogurt, cottage cheese and bars are other alternatives
  • julia_quezada
    I'll get it a try...will difinetly look up that one u gave me☺ never tried Greek yogurt I'll have to add that to my list also.
    thanks
  • Protein is my big one for keeping full so I am always on the look out for high protein stuff. I like the Siggi's Skyr (yogurt) and I've been using Huel (food replacement shake/powder) because I also really like that it is vegan.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Satiety is subjective and personal, but protein is filling for many people, so if you are one of those people, and you struggle to eat enough calories, maybe look outside the box.